The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty okay week. Another busy one and it was a pretty productive one too. Although lots of small things popped up that detracted a bit from my feeling of productivity. I finished the assistant work for my two authors this week, which was nice. I worked on some new tours, sent out media kits for future events and two cover reveals took place.
I do feel a bit bad I have so little time to visit blogs nowadays. I am sorry about that, I do want you to know that I appreciate all your comments and will reply to all of them, although it may take a while. I do hope to do a bit of visiting today.
On Tuesday morning I did a bit of cleaning and finally put away the Christmas tree. It was nice to get that done and the house looks a lot neater and emptier without the Christmas tree. But it was fun to have the tree around for so long. Then later this week our microwave suddenly stopped working, we use it almost every day to heat up our food as I cook one day for two days and then we heat the food up the next day. So we needed to buy a new microwave. Luckily the microwave got delivered the next day, so we didn’t have to do long without it.
And one of the towel holders in the bathroom came down from the wall and every time we put it back up it came down again. In the end we decided to throw it out and order a new one. The new towel holder has arrived, we just need to hang it on the wall. Then on Thursday I had a nasty headache, which put a damper on that day and in the end I just took a nap before dinner as I couldn’t focus on work anymore with the headache. Luckily the nap really helped and the headache slowly disappeared after that.
On Saturday we went out to buy a new plant so we could place that on the spot the Christmas tree used to be. We got a nice cute plant that also should clean the air or something like that. We also got some extra soil and some new plants for our balcony. I always like potting new plants.
Picture of the Week
Hey I remembered to take a picture this week. This is our new plant we bought.
What did I read this week?
It was a pretty good reading week in the sense that I’ve been reading two very good books. When the Grits Hit the Fan was an awesome book and I enjoyed trying to figure out the mystery. I managed to finish that one. And I’ve been reading the third Daydreamer Detective book by SJ Pajonas. Pajonas is one of my favorite authors and reading one of her books always makes me happy. This series gets better with each book and the mystery had me stumped for a while. As you can tell from those two titles I’ve been in a cozy mystery mood lately. I finished Magick Reborn last Sunday and it was a nice read. I reviewed it yesterday.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Mashed Potatoes with Sauerkraut and lentils
- Monday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Tuesday: leftover Sweet Tofu Curry
- Wednesday: Wraps with curry sauce and rice
- Thursday: leftover Wraps with curry sauce and rice
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Peach Crumble
- Saturday: Creamy Spinach pasta Sauce with pasta
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Saven Deliverance by Siobhan Davis
– Review: Ozoni and Onsens by SJ Pajonas
– Review: Alien frog Prince by JM Page
– Lola’s Kitchen: Garlic Naan Recipe
– Review: Magick Reborn by Katerina Martinez
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Nuts About You by Kate Lowell
– Review: Hear No Evil by Jordan Ford
– Lola’s ramblings: Favorite and least favorite romance tropes
– Coyer Winter 2016-2017: Recap
– My To-Be Read List #31: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Ensnared by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Follow the Music by L.C. Ireland – 28 February
– Losing Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 1 March
– The Tribulations of Tompa Lee by Edward Hoorneart – 3 March
– Twice Upon a Time by Santana Blair – 7 March – New!
– Book Blitz: Trials and Tribulations – 20 February till 5 March
– Book Blitz: Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 21 till 27 February
– Book Blitz: Give Me Chaos by Jillian Ashe – 28 February till 6 March
– Blog Tour: The Fairytale Chicago of Francesca Finnegan by Steve Wiley (Audiobook Tour!) – 13 till 26 March
– Blog Tour: Issaura’s Claws by Katharine E. Wibell – 10 till 23 April
No new books this week! Who else is surprised? I was too busy to get new books ;). Actually I am not sure what happened, I did stop by netgalley, but didn’t saw anything I really wanted and now new books or review copies I was waiting for arrived. But I am kinda happy to not have had gotten any new books in a week, that rarely happens.