Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
What’s not to love about apple crumble? I love apples, especially warm ones and I love crumble. My sister used to make this now and then when we had a lot of apples, eventually she had less time to cook and bake, so we lamost never ate it anymore. And we had a lot of apples so I decided to give it a try myself. It’s so easy to make and I don’t get why I didn’t try this earlier. It only costs a few minutes preparation time and it’s so easy, you can’t really mess it up. The 30 minute wait while it’s in the oven is a bit frustrating though. If you love apples, give this recipe a try!
This recipe is based on the apple crumble recipe from Hello Hue.
- Apples – 2-3
- Flour – 125 gram/ 1 cup
- Butter – 113 gram/ 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar – 60 gram/ 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, butter and sugar. Add some cinnamon (optional). Kneed the dough with your hands and crumble till well mixed.
- Peel the apples and slice and dice them in small pieces.
- Lightly grease an oven proof bowl or cover with baking paper.
- Next put the apples in the oven proof bowl and add some cinnamon (optional), toss to coat. Then add the crumble on top.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes till the top is golden brown.
- After 30 minutes get it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes and then eat. Enjoy!
My favorite way of making this is with two teaspoons cinnamon through the crumble, but no cinnamon through the apples.
All the ingredients for the crumble
Sliced and diced apples
Lightly greased oven proof bowl
Wait for 30 minutes
- Pear and Apple Crumble. Use 1 pear and one apple or two pears and one apple, instead of only apples.
- Use different fruit. Instead of apples try this recipe, with pears, peaches, blueberries or any other fruit or a combination of different fruits.