The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty normal week, enough work to keep me busy, but also some time for hobbies. I had three tours start this week, which kept me busy. I also did some more work on the website project I am working on, it’s almost finished now. I also got a few blog posts written and got some time to play a game. Saturday evening we set up our small fake christmas tree, so it feels more like christmas now in the house. I’ll share a picture next week.
A nice author contacted me on facebook as I reviewed her book that was part of the mermaid collection I bought a few months ago and she offered me a copy of the next collection the witchign hour as a thank you gift. I thought it was so nice of her to gift me a copy of the collection and I am looking forward to reading it! I don’t read a lot of witches books, so it will be nice to step outside my comfort zone a bit and give them a try 🙂
And I mailed out the recipes for the recipe exchange! Earlier this week I heard who I had to send recipes, then I took some time finding a fun recipe for them, I ended up sending each of them two recipes as I couldn’t decide. I am so excited for the reicpe exchange and I am looking forward to hear what the recipients thought of the recipes. And curious which recipes I’ll receive.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
I think I am almost running out of ideas of things we eat on our rbead to share. But here’s one more and maybe in the future I will think of a few more things. These are “Schuddebuikjes”, literally translated that would be something like Shakey Bellies, yeah weird I know. They are very small round things for on your brea,d they have them in two flavours Speculaas and Chocolate&Vanille. This si the Speculaas flavour, Speculaas is something we eat regulary here, but is especially popular around the holiday Sinterklaas. These Schuddebuikjes you can buy the whole year round. The texture is a bit like cookies. So it’s an easier alternative to putting real Speculaas cookies on your bread. I like sweets on my bread, so I am quite fond of these.
And these are Stroopwafels. This is the storebought version, but we also have stalls in cities that sell them freshly made and they are even better that way, yum! Stroopwafels are thin wafel like cookies with syrup between them. They are pretty good.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover couscous with sauce
- Monday: Indian Cauliflower Mash in tortilla wraps
- Tuesday: leftover Indian Cauliflower Mash in tortilla wraps
- Wednesday: Potato Curry
- Thursday: leftover Potato Curry
- Friday: storebrought salad
- Saturday: Japanese Curry
- Extra: “Kruidnootjes”
This week I blogged about:
– Bookish Resolutions: November recap
– Review: Longing for Her (Risso Family #2) by Lynn Burke
– Review: Colour me Funky – Advanced Colouring by Jenna Lyn Field
– Lola’s Ramblings: How do you Follow Blogs?
– Lola’s Kitchen: “Kruidnootjes” Recipe
– My to-be Read List #16: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Blog Tour: Amanda Lester and the Pink Sugar Conspiracy by Paula Berinstein – with awesome quest post about covers
– Review: Last Chance Christmas by Joanne Rock
– Lola’s Ramblings: Transition into a new Genre Historical Romance
– Lola’s Kitchen: Japanese Curry Recipe
– My to-be Read List #16: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2) by Kelsey Ketch
– The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King
– 3volve and The Shadow of Loss by Josefina Gutierrez
– Link by Summer Wier
– A Bramble House Christmas by CJ Carmichael
– Maisy and the Mystery Manor by Elizabeth Woodrum
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
none open for sign-up at the moment
– Book Blitz: The Spirit Chaser by Kat Mayor – runs from 14 till 20 December
– Book Blitz: Saven Deception by Siobhan Davis – runs from 15 till 28 December
– Book Blitz: Sparked by Sheena Snow – runs from 16 till 22 December
This Shattered World (Starbound #2)
by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Source: bought it myself
You can find This Shattered World on Goodreads
Jubilee Chase and Flynn Cormac should never have met.
Lee is captain of the forces sent to Avon to crush the terraformed planet’s rebellious colonists, but she has her own reasons for hating the insurgents.
Rebellion is in Flynn’s blood. Terraforming corporations make their fortune by recruiting colonists to make the inhospitable planets livable, with the promise of a better life for their children. But they never fulfilled their promise on Avon, and decades later, Flynn is leading the rebellion.
Desperate for any advantage in a bloody and unrelentingly war, Flynn does the only thing that makes sense when he and Lee cross paths: he returns to base with her as prisoner. But as his fellow rebels prepare to execute this tough-talking girl with nerves of steel, Flynn makes another choice that will change him forever. He and Lee escape the rebel base together, caught between two sides of a senseless war.
The Witching Hour Collection
by Melanie Karsak, Eli Constant, Elizabeth Watasin, Carrie L. Wells, Evan Winters, Blaire Edens, Erin Hayes, Carly Manning, Minerva Lee, Poppy Lawless and Claire C. Riley
Source: gift from Melanie Karsak
You can find The Witching Hour Collection on Goodreads
Good witch. Bad witch. White magic. Black magic. Kitchen magic. Pick your potion. Ready for Halloween? The authors of the Blazing Indie Collective, who brought you the Falling in Deep Collection, are brewing up something new. Check out all the novellas in The Witching Hour Collection coming October 2015:
Melanie Karsak: Witch Wood
Claire C. Riley: Raven’s Cove
Eli Constant: Sleeping in the Forest of Shadows
Elizabeth Watasin: Charm School: The Wrecking Faerie
Erin Hayes: I’d Rather be a Witch
Carrie Wells: Playing with Magic
Evan Winters: The Witch of Bracken’s Hollow
Minerva Lee: Spun Gold
Blaire Edens: The Witch of Roan Mountain
Poppy Lawless: The Cupcake Witch