Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
Another recipe I found on pinterest that I changed a bit to make it easier to make and added a few extra veggies. I named it potato curry as that’s the main ingredient, although I also call it potatoes soup as a joke sometimes as it’s a pretty fluid curry. It’s an curry that doesn’t require too many ingredients and it quick to prepare. I like how the potatoes really absorb the flavour of the curry.
This recipe is based on Maayeka her Dahi ke Aloo recipe.
- Potatoes – 4-6
- Red Bell Pepper – 2
- Onion – 1
- Low Salt Bouillon Cubes – 2
- Yoghurt/ curd/ coconut milk- 1 cup
- Bay Leaf – 2-3
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Ginger powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Fenugreek – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds/ powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil
This recipe feed about 3 till 4 people. You can serve this with rice, naan or any other type of bread.
- Slice and dice the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime slice and dice the onion and red bell peppers.
- Add some olive oil, the onion and the Fenugreek seeds to a wok or pan and bake till the onion is translucent.
- Then add the red bell peppers and a bit of water. Bake for a few minutes.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl. Add the coconut milk, they bay leaves and the spices to the wok and stir well.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, remove them from the fire and drain. Then roughly mash them, it’s okay if there are a few bigger pieces left.
- Now add the potatoes to the wok and stir well. Let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Enjoy your potatoes curry!
- Vary with Veggies. The recipe I based this on didn’t add onion or red bell pepper, so you can remove those if you want. Or add any other veggies you prefer.