Lola’s Rambings is a feature on Lola’s Review where I talk about me. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like blog tours, book blitzes, cover reveals or reviews. Lola’s Ramblings posts are are personal discussions of a certain topic. Sometimes about book related topics and sometimes about non-book related topics. This feature was previously known as About Me. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
I read a lot of books by new to me authors in a year and I thought it was fun to dedicate a post to the new to me authors of this year. I choose ten new to me authors I read this year form whom I have read at least one book this year that I enjoyed. All links go to either goodreads or my review on the blog and author images link to their goodreads profile.
Ten new to me authors from 2014
Siobhan Davis is the author of YA science fiction romance series True Calling.
A self-diagnosed ‘teenager forever’—at least when it comes to books, music and movies; Siobhan is totally addicted to teen fiction and superhero/blockbuster movies.
Siobhan loves baking, crime novels, shoes, bags, make-up, anti-wrinkle cream, anything pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, and Robert Pattinson (definitely Team Edward).
Siobhan has forged a successful corporate career, in Human Resources, over the last twenty years.
A member of the IWI writers group, Siobhan resides in the Garden County of Ireland with her husband and two sons.
Books by Siobhan Davis:
Autumn Kalquist is a singer, songwriter, music producer, and the bestselling author of the Fractured Era book series.
She writes fantasy, dystopian, and post-apocalyptic fiction that asks compelling questions–often met with morally gray answers. Her preschool-aged ballerina and code-writing husband keep her sane and happy.
Books by Autumn Kalquist:
- Defect Part One (Defect #1/ Fractured Era #0.1) – not yet read
- Defect Part Two (Defect #2/ Fractured Era #0.2) – not yet read
- Defect Part Three (Defect #3/ Fractured Era #0.3) – not yet read
- Defect Part Four (Defect #4/ Fractured Era #0.4) – not yet released
- Legacy Code (Legacy Code #1/ Fractured Era #1) – read my review of Legacy Code
- Paragon (Legacy Code #2/ Fractured Era #2) – review coming in 2015
Rori’s debut novel, ELECTED, is book one of a young adult sci-fi trilogy, which challenges the notion of duty above desire. She’s a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI). Rori lives in Seattle with her family and two proficient hair shedders-Misch the cat and Gerry the laid-back black lab. Rori studied public relations and marketing at the University of Maryland and received an MBA from George Washington University. Besides writing, she likes to travel, run, read (of course), go pumpkin-picking and snow-shoe! You can follow Rori and her writing adventures at www.rorishay.com or @RoriShayWrites.
Books by Rori Shay:
- Elected (The Elected series #1) – read my review of Elected
- Suspected (The Elected series #2) – not yet released
I’m not big on labels, but there are a few that fit me (not necessarily in this order. Or maybe in this order):
– wine drinker (and wine geek)
– mother of small boys
– military spouse
– chocolate eater
I’ve written the Wine Country Romance Series, which ties my love of wine to my love of falling in love… and the Girlfriends of Gotham series, which begins publishing with Swoon Romance in December 2013.
I also love short stories, and my themed collection (all set in the same NYC brownstone across the span of a century) published in 2012.
Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delancey.stewart
Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DelanceyStewart
Books by Delancey Stewart:
- A rare Vintage (Wine Country Romance #1) – not yet read
- Redemption Red (Wine Country Romance #2) – not yet read
- Beyond Redemption (Wine Country Romance #2.5) – not yet read
- Men and Martinis (Girlfiriends of Gotham #1) – not yet read
- Highballs in the Hamptons (Girlfiriends of Gotham #2) – not yet read
- Adagio (The Company #1) – read my review of Adagio
- Prohibited! – not yet released
Brenda St. John Brown
I’m a displaced New Yorker living in the UK. I lived in London for nearly six years, but now I’m living in The North, in a tiny English village. There are sheep everywhere! Sheep!! (This is so strange to me I always have to say it twice. With multiple exclamation points.)
My novels are about teens and twenty-somethings. When I’m not reading or writing, I’m hanging out with The Boy, talking about really random things and being overly strict about television.
I like running and Doritos, not necessarily in that order. I also like libraries, old churches and Paris. One day I’m going to write a novel set in Paris, which will necessitate lots of trips for “research.”
Books by Brenda St. John Brown:
Victoria Green is a New Adult Romance author with a soft spot for unspoken love and second chances. A travel junkie at heart, she believes in true love, good chocolate, great films, and swoon-worthy books. She lives in Canada with her high school sweetheart (who’s graduated to fiancé) and their pack of slightly crazy, but extremely lovable puppies. She is the author of standalone novels Silver Heart and the upcoming Jaded Dream and co-writes the Untamed series in The Brothers Wilde collection with the fabulous Jinsey Reese.
Books by Victoria Green:
- Silver Heart – read my review of Silver Heart
- Untamed (Untamed #1) – read my review of Untamed
- Out of Control (Untamed #2) – read my review of Out of Control
- Escaped Artist (Untamed #3) – read my review of Escaped Artist
- Wild at Heart (Untamed #4) – read my review of Wild at Heart
- Rebel Roused (Untamed #5) – not yet read
- Jaded Dream – not yet released
I love unusual stories and credit growing up in a family of curious life-lovers who moved all over the country. Books and movies full of fantasy, science fiction and romance kept us amused, especially in some of the stranger places. For years, I tried to separate my darker side with my humorous and romantic one. I published short fiction, but things really started happening when I gave in and mixed it up. When not lost in fiction, I love making wine, collecting music, gaming and spending time with my husband and two children.
I’m represented by Miriam Kriss of the Irene Goodman Agency.
You can find me at http://relliott4.wordpress.com & http://www.deadlinedames.com
Books by Rinda Elliott:
- Foretold (Sisters of Fate #1) – read my review of Foretold
- Forecast (Sisters of Fate #2) – not yet read
- Foresworn (Sisters of Fate #3) – not yet read
- Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O’Dell #1) – not yet read
- Blood of an Ancient (Beri O’Dell #2) – not yet read
Amy Vastine has been plotting stories in her head for as long as she can remember. An eternal optimist, she studied social work, hoping to teach others how to find their silver lining. Now, she enjoys creating happily ever afters for all to read. Amy lives outside Chicago with her high school sweetheart-turned-husband, three fun-loving children, and their sweet but mischievous puppy dog.
Books by Amy Vastine:
- The Weather Girl – read my review of The Weather Girl
- The Better Man (Chicago Sisters #1) – read my review of The Better Man
Erica Cameron knew that writing was her passion when she turned a picture book into a mystery novella as a teen. That piece wasn’t her best work, but it got her an A. After college, she used her degree in Psycology and Creative Writing to shape a story about a dreamworld. Then a chance encounter at a rooftop party in Tribeca made her dream career a reality.
Erica is many things but most notably the following: writer, reader, editor, dancer, choreographer, singer, lover of musical theater, movie obsessed, sucker for romance, Florida resident, and quasi-recluse. She loves the beach but hates the heat, has equal passion for the art of Salvador Dali and Venetian Carnival masks, has a penchant for unique jewelry and sun/moon décor pieces, and a desire to travel the entire world on a cruise ship. Or a private yacht. You know, whatever works.
Her debut novel Sing Sweet Nightingale released March 4, 2014 from Spencer Hill Press. It is the first book in The Dream War Saga.
Contact her on Facebook, Twitter, her website, The Dream War Saga site, or by email.
Books by Erica Cameron:
- Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga #1) – read my review of Sing Sweet Nightingale
- Deadly Sweet Lies (The Dream War Saga #2) – not yet released
Audra North fell in love with romance at age thirteen and spent the next twenty years reading as many romance novels as she could. Even now, after having read over one thousand of them, Audra still can’t resist the lure of a happily ever after, and her collection continues to grow. She lives near Boston with her husband, three young children, and a lot of books. Visit her website at audranorth.com or find her (way too frequently) on Twitter @AudraNorth.
Books by Audra North:
- Falling for the CEO (Stanton Family #1) – not yet read
- One Night in Santiago (Stanton Family #2) – read my review of One Night in Santiago
- Healing Her Heart (Stanton Family #3) – not yet read
- A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family #4) – read my review of A Lesson in Temptation
- Second Chance – not yet read
- Composing Love – not yet read
- Out of the Box – not yet read
- Losing It – not yet read