The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was an okay week, nothing big that really went bad, but for some reason the week didn’t go as smoothly. I felt like I did a lot of small things, but didn’t feel as productive. I had a headache later in the week that lasted almost 2 whole days and diminished my productivity in those days.
As for the good news my back pain is completely gone now, so that’s great. And my computer is still doing fine, so it seems the problems I had are indeed fixed. I am still enjoying my new vertical mouse as well. We also did a bit of holiday shopping already and it’s nice to have part of that done.
As it was the last week of the month I wrapped up the assistant work for my authors. I also sent out a media kit for an upcoming tour and worked on an ongoing tour. And I sent out an author newsletter for Lola’s Blog Tours.
And I have some exciting news, my site Lola’s Blog Tours will get a new design! I got the first look at the new banner this week and it’s so awesome! I can’t wait to show it to you! I can’t say enough good things about Limabean designs. I gave her some vague descriptions of what I wanted and somehow she got exactly what I wanted from that. She’s done the llama/ alpaca banner for my blog here as well.
October Reading Stats
I read 16 books this month. I had 1 DNF, 1 book that got a 2 star, two books that got 3 star and the rest were all 4 stars. Hard to pick a favorite book of this month as I had some really great reads this month, my two favorite reads are probably like The Amethyst Panda by Kay MacLeod and Delivering Evil for Experts by Annette Marie. It was interesting to see I read 4 non-fiction books this month, I think that might be a new record for me. And 2 audiobooks this month as well, Maybe a Mermaid by Josephine Cameron and Deadly Dog Days by Jamie Blair.
What did I read this week?
Deadly Dog Days was a fun cozy mystery, but for some reason didn’t fully grab me. The mystery wasn’t as engaging and the daily life plot lines seemed to take more of the focus. The KC Warlock Weekly I set aside for now as I couldn’t get into the story because of the back and forth switches in time. Wolves of Paris was a great sequel. It was fast paced and I wanted to keep reading. I liked the character and romance development in this one. Destroyer of Worlds was one of the best books in this series so far, some great developments and reveals in this one. I also finished Veronica Scott’s story Pets in Space 5 which was a lot of fun and had a good romance and a great service dog as animal.
Autumn always seems like the perfect time to eat pumpkin. So I figured I would put the spotlight on some of the recipes on my blog that have pumpkin in them. What are some of your favorite dishes with pumpkin?
- Potatoes and Pumpkin Mash
- Pumpkin and Apple Risotto
- Pumpkin Curry
- Pumpkin Soup
- Tomato Pumpkin Soup
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Cocktails and Murder by H.Y. Hanna
– Review: Let’s Connect by Kelly Jensen
– Review: Deadly Dog Days by Jamie Blair
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Spooks by Athena Flores
– Review Opportunity: Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya
– Review Opportunity: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
– Review Opportunity: Who Let the Demon Out? by Naomi Bellina
– Book Blitz: Fire Dancer by Elizabeth Howell – 9 till 15 November
– Blog Tour: Indigo by Paula Berinstein – 9 till 22 November
– Blog Tour: Welcome to Harmony by Dan O’Mahony – 27 till 17 December
– Blog Tour: Third Wheel by Kat Green – 27 till 18 December
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Gallagher Hotel by K.T. Rose – 1 till 15 December
– Blog Tour: The Flyght Series by S.J. Pajonas – 7 till 11 December
One Poison Pie I got for review through Netgalley. When You Had Power I got for review from the author. The others I bought.