Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I had originally included this risotto as a variation tip in my Risotto Recipe, but as it is differently enough and I wanted to feature some pumpkin recipes on my blog, I decided to include it as it’s own post as well. A short mention as a variation tip doens’t do this dish justice. When it is autumn I like to make this risotto. It’s filled with warm pumpkin and apple and cinnamon. The pumpkin and apple get soft in the oven and it’s the perfect combination with the cinnamon flavoured rice.
This recipe is based on her The Cozy Apron her Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
- Pumpkin – half a pumpkin
- Apples – 2
- Onion – 1
- Risotto Rice/ arborio rice – 250 gram/ 1 1/4 cup
- Water – 1 liter/ 4 cups
- Low Salt Vegetable Bouillon cubes – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Olive Oil
This recipe feeds around 4 people.
- Slice and the dice the onion in small pieces and throw it in the wok, add some olive oil. Don’t bake it yet, but prepare the other ignredients first.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius/ 392 degrees fahrenheit. Then peel, slice and dice the pumpkin and apples into tiny squares. Place the pumpkin and apple squares on a baking sheet covered plate and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Now bake the onion in the wok till translucent.
- Add the rice, the water combined with the bouillon cubes and the cinnamon. Let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once the apple and pumpkin are done, get them out of the oven. Pick up the baking sheet, fold it in two and hold on the top, then shake it so the apple and pumpkin fall into the wok. Stir till combined.
- Enjoy your risotto!
- Pumpkin Spice. I know in america they often sell pumpkin spice and I think that would work great too instead of cinnamon.
- Pumpkin, corn and apple Risotto. Add a small can of corn to the recipe, to add soem colour and extra veggies.
- Pumpkin and Apple Risotto with meat. If you like soem meat with your risotto either add saucages like The Cozy Apron does in ehr recipe or add some chicken.