Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
This dish is so good. The combination of potatoes and pumpkin in this mash works really well and the parsley and walnuts are the perfect addition.
This recipe I found in a magazine from a store. I can’t remember which one to be honest. Either the Jumbo or Allerhande.
- Potatoes – 4 to 6 big ones
- Squash – 1
- Carrots – 4-6 large ones
- Onions – 2
- Sausage or vegetarian sausage – 1 per person
- Low salt vegetable bouillon cubes – 1,5
- Olive oil
- Walnuts – 110 gram/ 1 cup
- Parsley – 30 gram
This recipe feeds about 5 people.
- First peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces. Put it in a pan. Then peel the potatoes and carrots and slice them into small pieces as well. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Now slice and dice the onions and bake until a bit brown.
- Break the walnuts into smaller pieces and slice the parsley.
- Once the potatoes are almost done cooking, heat up the sausage.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain the water and mash it all. Add half a cup of water mixed with the bouillon cubes and mix well.
- Serve the potatoes pumpkin mash with the parsley, walnuts and sausage.