The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty decent week. A few minor things that popped up, but mostly a good week. My blog tour sale this month on Lola’s Blog Tours I declare a big success. I saw an increase in sales, even non blog tours and I grew both my tour hosts list and author list as well. It was great to see.
A new blog tour and book blitz went live this week, two cover reveals took place and I did a bunch of prep work like sending out media kits for the tours that are starting next week. There are a few other tours booked, so I am working on getting those live next week. Next week will be a busy one probably. Lost of great tours are coming up! And how pretty does my sidebar look with all those pretty banners? I always love seeing how Michelle designs the banners and they look so pretty all lined up like that.
Remember I mentioned my computer troubles of the last few weeks? So I might’ve finally solved it. Maybe? I am not saying it’s fixed until it keeps not crashing for a few weeks. Monday it crashed twice and I got all worried and annoyed again, so that evening we tried another solution. Namely updating all my drivers. I always heard to never update your drivers, so I never do. But apparently when something goes wrong one of the first possible solutions always consist of updating your drivers. So we updated my drivers and since then it hasn’t crashed at all. Although I still won’t quite believe it’s fixed until it keeps working for longer. And I was terrified something would’ve gone wrong while updating the drivers, but everything seems to work fine. So yay for that?
I had a doctor visit this week about my headaches. The doctor thinks I have tension headaches. So that’s good news I guess, not sure. I was afraid they were migraines, but it seems the symptoms are pretty similar. I got a new painkiller to try out and besides that I am mostly trying to be aware of sitting relaxed and trying to stand up and stretch my muscles a few times a day.
On blog news, I’ve added a new free books widget to my sidebar. I am leaving it there for now, until I run out of books to feature. For now I am only featuring free books that I have read and enjoyed as I like to put some additional focus on sales for some great books. What do you think? Do you like to see a free book in the sidebar or not?
Picture of the Week
I made these Oreo cookie bars last weekend and I eve managed to write my recipe post for it. I really like these cookie bars, they are basically cookie dough with oreo’s added in. Pretty simple, but they are really good!
What did I read this week?
Alight was an awesome start of a new series by Emma L Adams. set int he same universe as the Changeling series it was a fun mix of a fresh story and a new focus in a world we already know a bit about. And the main character is a dragon shifter, which was so cool! I hope to get to book 2 soon. The Summer of Bad Ides was a fun read and perfect to read during the summer.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Lukewarm Couscous salad
- Oreo cookie bar
- Monday: Cajun Pasta
- Tuesday: leftover Cajun Pasta
- Wednesday: Curry sauce with wraps
- Thursday: leftover Curry sauce with wraps
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Japanese Curry
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Four Puddings and a Funeral by HY Hanna
– Review: The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox
– Lola’s Kitchen: Leek in Curry sauce Recipe
– Review: Empowered Agent by Ivan Dale Smith
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Scandal by Athena Grayson
– Review: The Summer of Bad Ideas by Kiera Stewart
– Review: Faerie Hunt by Emma L Adams
– My To-Be Read List #33: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Blog Tour: Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney – 1 till 21 May
– Blog Tour: Just Things by Erin Lee – 1 till 21 May
– Book Blitz: Saying I Do by Tracey Alvarez – 19 till 25 May
– Blog Tour: Mother of Wolves banner by J Aislynn d’Merricksson – 22 May till 11 June
– Blog Tour: Destiny of the Queen by Jacqueline Patricks – 29 May till 11 June – New!
– Book Blitz: Temptation Trials Part 1 by B truly – 30 May till 3 June
– Book Blitz: Little Miss Tress by Tressa Rabbit – 4 till 10 June
– Book Blitz: All That Glitters by Tracy Krimmer – 19 till 25 June – New!
I got the Boot Camp book when it released for only $0.99, I am a big fan of Susan key Quinn’s fiction books and have been eager to give her nonfiction a try as well and I enjoy books about book marketing usually. I pre-order Missing a while ago and my copy now arrived, Armstrong is one of my favorite authors and I am looking forward to reading this one. I got Ensnared because I supported the kindle scout campaign for it. Chocolate Cake and Chaos I bought for $0.99 as well. I really enjoyed the first two books and I snap up each book as soon as they release. Arise I got for review from the author, I really enjoyed Alight and I hope to read this one next month.
Freebies I grabbed:
Beginnings is Free!
Gah I love this series! I am currently reading book 3 and it’s so good! Anyway back to the topic, you can get the first book in this series Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus: Beginnings for free! This is the last day to get your copy for free, so don’t wait to pick it up. I really can’t recommend this series enough. Book 2 got a rare 5 star rating from me :).
Want to know more about the book? You can read my review here.