The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Another week with lots of work. The discount I am running on Lola’s Blog Tours seems to be going well. I put up some new sign-up posts this week, one cover reveal, one blog tour and a book blitz. And I am working on sign-up posts for next week. This week the last week of a six week tour took place, a cover reveal took place and there’s a blog tour still running. Next week I have two cover reveals and the start of a blog tour on Friday. I am looking forward to it :).
I mentioned my computer troubles last week, while it’s not completely fixed, it does seems to do better. I only had it crash on me 2-3 times this week, which is about half the times from last week. So that’s good, I guess. I have so much work that I haven’t really made time to look into it more this week.
Kristen from the blog Metaphors and Moonlight did a fun birthday party book tag post. I wanted to share in case anyone was looking for a tag to do on their birthday. I already did the tag and have it scheduled for my birthday. It was a fun tag to do.
I am doing pretty well sticking to my list for reading so far, which is good. As I just added another three deadline reads to my schedule this week, lol. And I suddenly have this urge to re-read Summer Haikus. Which I don’t really have time for, but maybe I’ll try and fit it in somewhere.
Picture of the Week
I realized I never shared this picture on the blog yet. It’s an old picture, but I thought it would be fitting to share these today as I bought these last time I went grocery shopping. When I became vegetarian I didn’t really miss the meat, the only thing I missed eating were sausage breads or “Saucijzen Broodjes” as we call them here. They are kinda nostalgic for me as we used them a lot when we were younger and visiting my grandparents. And they are yummy. And there was nothing similar for vegetarians. Anyway, since a year or two they have a vegetarian version of them, which makes me so happy. I now buy them once in a while. They are really good!
What did I read this week?
It’s itnerestign how my timing for books goes as last week I managed to read 4 books and this week only one. I am making good progress with my current reads though. Empowered Agent was a good read, but I had some issues with it as well. The superpower aspect was really well done, so I would recommend it if you’re looking for a good superheroes book.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Sauerkraut Casserole
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- Monday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Tuesday: leftover Sweet Tofu Curry
- Wednesday: Curry Rice with tofu
- Thursday: leftover Curry Rice with tofu
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Lukewarm Couscous salad
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Four Puddings and a Funeral by HY Hanna
– Review: The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox
– Lola’s Kitchen: Leek in Curry sauce Recipe
– Review: Empowered Agent by Ivan Dale Smith
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– From Russia, With Love by Erin Lee – 24 April
– Rebel Cause by Cassandra Giovanni – 28 April
– Tide by Deirdre Riordan Hall – 2 May
– Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault by Candace Robinson – 3 May
– 23:27 by H.L. Roberts – 6 May – New!
– Blog Tour: The Lily Singer Adventures by Lydia Sherrer – 28 April till 14 May
– Blog Tour: Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney – 1 till 21 May
– Blog Tour: Just Things by Erin Lee – 1 till 21 May
– Book Blitz: Saying I Do by Tracey Alvarez – 19 till 25 May
– Blog Tour: Mother of Wolves banner by J Aislynn d’Merricksson – 22 May till 11 June – New!
– Book Blitz: Temptation Trials Part 1 by B truly – 30 May till 3 June
– Book Blitz: Little Miss Tress by Tressa Rabbit – 4 till 10 June – New!
I did well staying away from netgalley and edelweiss last week, but not so much this week. I got Chasing Christmas Eve from Edelweiss, I really enjoy this series so far and I am really curious about this one as it will be Spence’s book! The Magnate’s Marriage Merger I got for review for a tour. His Accidental Heir I got through netgalley. Those are book 2 and 3 in the series. I read book 1 in this series and I enjoyed that, so I was happy to be able to get the next two books as well. I have since also signed-up for a review copy of book 2 through a blitz. Yay! Planet Neverland I got for review form the author, I haven’t read a Peter Pan retelling before, so I am looking forward to reading this one. The Royal Mistake I got for review form the author. I’ve read and reviewed the first two books and enjoyed both of those (review for book 2 was on the blog this week), so I am hoping to read this one soon-ish.
Freebies I grabbed:
Finding Kyler is Free!
For a limited time only Finding Kyler is free! I really enjoyed this book and can’t recommend it enough if you like a good ya cotemporary romance with the right type of drama and a forbidden romance. So I wanted to give it a extra shout out here as well. It’s also listed in my free and discounted books post on fb.
Want to know more about the book? You can read my review here.