The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week just seemed a bit off. Lots of little things that didn’t go quite right and the whole week just felt off, not sure how else to describe it. I was just in a bit of a weird mood this week. On Wednesday our dishwasher broke down, so we had to buy a new one and in the meantime we had to the dishes by hand, which just makes me realize how much I like a dishwasher as I hate washing dishes by hand. I also had a nasty headache on Friday, which basically ruined my productivity for that day. We also have had construction noises in the building on and off for three weeks now, which is getting old.
At least it was a decent week in terms of work. It was a bit quieter than the past few weeks sadly, but still a decent week. I got a new cover reveal sign-up live and am working on review opportunity sign-up post now. I had a book blitz and blog tour that ran this week and a cover reveal that took place.
On a more positive topic, I made a list on twitter for my favorite authors and bloggers as they usually get buried in my stream and I want a place to see all the good. It’s been working great for me so far. I still have to add some bloggers and authors, but so far I like it already. It also makes it easier to retweet my favorite authors and bloggers.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture of the week 🙁
What did I read this week?
It was a good reading week. I finished reading Death by Chocolate Lab, which was a great read and I already reviewed it on the blog yesterday. I also read the Magnate’s Mail-Order Bride, which is for a blog tour stop early April and I am looking forward to the rest of the series. It was a great solid romance. Losing Kyler was the second book in the Kennedy series and while I was a bit afraid what this book would hold with that title, it was so good! Filled with drama, secrets and revelations. I already looking forward to the next book!
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftoverJapanese Curry
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Monday: Cajun pasta
- Tuesday: leftover Cajun pasta
- Wednesday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Thursday: leftover Sweet Tofu Curry
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Curry sauce with Leek
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Losing Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Review: When the Grits Hit the Fan by Maddie Day
– 2017 New Release Challenge: 1st quarterly recap
– My To-Be Read List #32: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Scandal by Athena Grayson – 23 March
– Amanda Lester and the Gold Spectacles Surprise by Paula Berinstein – 27 March
– Temptation Trials Part 1 by B Truly – 7 April
– Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault by Candace Robinson – 3 May – New!
– Book Blitz: Myths & Legends – 14 March till 18 April
– Book Blitz: Losing Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 3 till 7 April
– Blog Tour: Issaura’s Claws by Katharine E. Wibell – 10 till 23 April
– Book Blitz: Twice Upon a Time by Santana Blair – 17 till 19 April
– Blog Tour: The Lily Singer Adventures by Lydia Sherrer – 28 April till 14 May
I got Alight for review from the author, if I understand it correctly it’s a spin-off from the Changeling Chronicles series. So I am finishing that one up first and then start with this one. Aien mate I got from netgalley, I was curious about this one as I follow the author on social media and had her seen mention this one. So when i saw it on netgalley I requested it. Playign House I bought on release day, I had considered joining the blog tour for this one as it sounds so good, but was afraid I couldn’t fit it into my schedule, so i decided to buy it with some of my gift card money instead. Empowered Traitor was only 0.99$ on release day and I couldn’t resist getting it for that prize. Same story with Loved by a Dragon. I already read some of Alisa Woods’ books, so I know I will enjoy them, so I always pick up her new releases when I can. No Charm Intended I got an invite for from the publisher, I already have book one and it sounds good, so I decided to get book 2 as well.