Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
These peanut butter chocolate bars are quick to made, only require a few ingredients and don’t require any baking. I think these bars are delicious, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate works great for me and the addition of cornflakes makes it for a crunchy delicious bar. I have a similar recipe to this one, but you make rock shaped chunks of chocolate with cornflakes instead, which can have hard edges. Because of the addition of peanut butter, these bars don’t get too hard and the bar shape prevents any hard edges from forming. Thee would work great for a party or family gathering as well. As you can easily prepare them a day in advance. They do need some time in the fridge so keep that in mind when making these.
This recipe is based on Melissa Southern Style Kitchen her crunchy no bake chocolate peanut butter bars.
- Chocolate – 300 gram/ 3 cups
- Peanut butter – 180 gram/ 3/4 cup
- Butter – 56 gram/ 1/4 cup
- Cornflakes – 75 gram/ 3 cups
I usually use 2 bars milk chocolate and 1 bar dark chocolate, as that’s the consistency I prefer. But you can also use all milk chocolate or only dark chocolate or even white chocolate. The original recipe also mentioned you could use frosted cornflakes, I don’t think I have ever seen those here, but that’s an idea too. You can use more peanut butter than the amount listed in this recipe if you prefer. I always use peanut butter with pieces of nuts, but creamy peanut butter works too.
- Put the butter, peanut butter and chocolate in a medium sized pan. Heat the mixture and stir until molten.
- Once everything’s molten, remove the pan form the fire and add the cornflakes. Stir well.
- Coat a bowl with baking paper and pour the mixture inside. Let it cool down a bit and then put it in the fridge to harden further.
- Let is harden for about 2 hours in the fridge, after that cut it into bar or square shapes. You can now eat it.
- It will stay good int he fridge for about a week.
- Peanut Chocolate Bars. Instead of cornflakes you can use peanuts instead.
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Bars. Use white chocolate instead of milk/ dark chocolate.
- Add Honey. You can add 1/2 cup honey to the mixture like Melissa Southern Style Kitchen does, but as I don’t like honey I skipped that.