The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another pretty good week. It was a decent work week, two tours that ran ended and a new one started. And a new review opportunity went live on Lola’s Blog Tours, if you like NA books with a forbidden romance, please have a look. I also had some time for reading and blogging. I finished two books and am making progress on my current reads as well.
It was a decent week blogging wise as well, besides the reviews for books I finished I also got a ramblings and kitchen post written and scheduled. And I am training facebook to show me more posts from blogs I follow, every time I see a post from a blog I try to like it and click on the link. It’s nice to see how much of a difference it already made and I am seeing more posts from blogs already.
Bookish wise it seemed to be a good week too. I got a lot of new books this week. Oh and Kensington added new cozy mysteries to netgalley, I couldn’t resist and requested three of them. I already got approved for two of them and now keep checking multiple times a day to see if I got approved for the other two. I also was on edelweiss to link up a review and noticed Lost and Found Sister by Jill Shalvis just got added and requested that too. I also signed-up for a blog tour early February and got a few e-mails about upcoming ARC’s. My netgalley percentage won’t be happy with me, but all the newly requested books are making me happy and I hope I get approved for them all.
Also anyone has a good sweet recipe with cocos/ shredded coconut in it? It can be anything from cakes, pies, cookies etc. I bought a big bag of cocos this week and I want to use it in some bakings. I already got some ideas from pinterest to try out, but would love to hear any ideas you have!
Picture of the Week
I won a mug last week with the pets from one of the novella’s from Pets in Space on it. And I’ve been drinking tea out of it already. It’s such a great mug!
What did I read this week?
Four of a Kind and One Snowy Night were both 3 star books. Four of a Kind was a fun read, but something missed to bump it up to a 4 star. One Snowy Night was a fun addition to the series and I liked getting Rory her story, but it was a bit short. I hope to read book 3 in the series soon.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Pumpkin Curry with naan
- Oatmeal cookies
- Monday: Hot Lightning
- Tuesday: leftover Hot Lightning
- Wednesday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Thursday: leftover Sweet Tofu Curry
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Peach Crumble
- Saturday: Veggies in Chill Sauce with vegetarian burger and rice
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Death of a Toy Soldier by Barbara Early
– Review: I Found my Rhino by Erin Hayes
– Lola’s Ramblings: When you want to read Everything
– Lola’s Kitchen: Curry Rice Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Vanquished by S.E. Green
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Keeping the Distance by Clarisse David – 24 January
– Book Blitz: Lana’s Ex Prom Date by Amy Sparling – 16 till 22 January
– Book Blitz: Amanda Lester Series by Paula Berinstein – 30 January till 5 February
– Book Blitz: Reckless Hearts by Heather Van Fleet– 7 till 13 February
– Book Blitz: Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 21 till 27 February
Forest of Ruin and Bloom and Doom are both paperbacks that I bought with Christmas money. Forest of Ruin in the third book in a trilogy, I now own all three books and haven’t even started it yet, but it’s by one of my favorite authors and now I can binge them in a row if I want to. I read Death of a Toy Soldier last year and found out the author also wrote under another pen name, so i bought Bloom and Doom and hope it’s just as good as Death by a Toy Soldier. Sail, Him and Magick Reborn are books that were 0.99$ on amazon and I bought a copy. Still happy with that amazon gift card money I got and won in December. Cinderstaller I got for review form the author. And Death by Chocolate Lab I got for review through netgalley.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- The Midnight Society by Rhonda Sermon (YA sci-fi time travel) Amazon|Goodreads
- Third Time’s the Charm by Liz Isaacson (Inspirational Western Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Fifth Generation Cowboy by Liz Isaacson (Inspirational Western Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Lavender Grape Dust Murder by Susan Gillard (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
Also check out my facebook post here where I list freebies and cheap books during the week.
Bargain Book recommendation
And I’ve got another 0.99$ recommendation for you this week. I want to recommend The daydreamer Detective by SJ Pajonas. It’s only 0.99$ for a limited time. It’s a cozy mystery set in japan and it was one of my favorite reads of 2016, can’t recommend this one enough!