The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a quiet week for a chance, I got lots of blogging done and also made enough time for reading and some colouring. To compensate for less work I wrote blog posts like crazy. I know Blog Ahead doesn’t start till next month, but I sure got in the mood for blogging this week and wrote a lot of Lola’s Ramblings posts. I am almost three weeks ahead with review posts at the moment, it’s nice to finally am ahead with those again. I have a beta read comming up soon, so it’s nice to have a bit of a buffer.
I finished my marketing assistant work for the month last weekend, so I had more free time. Then this week 3 of my september tours ended, so I wrapped those up. I worked on a new review opportunity for Lola’s Blog Tours, made the media kit and drafted the sign-up post and e-mail. So it’s all ready to go live next week, I am really exicted for this one as it’s a fun sounding YA sci-fi book with a pretty cover!
My sister visited thursday evening for a bit and she bought a late birthday present for my boyfriend, a glass with an image from one of the anime’s he’s watching. We talked a bit and drank tea. She’s job searching at the moment, but not having too much luck yet, but she only just started, so I hope she’ll find something good soon. It was fun to have her visit.
Then thursday evening I finally baked cookies again, I can’t remember the last time I baked cookies. I made nutella cookies and they turned out really good, will be making them again soon and then make pictures for a recipe post. I also made some time for colouring and spent two evenings colouring and finished a page in the colouring book I got for review, there’s a picture under the random pictures heading.
Next week the Blog Ahead challenges started! I am already looking forward to it! At the moment I have 30 scheduled posts. I’ve been writing posts like crazy this week, got a few reviews written and half of the Lola’s Ramblings posts for december, now I only have to do the extra end of the eyar Lola’s ramblings posts.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
Remember that colouring book I got for review last week? Well I finished a page already! It took me only two evenings and about 3 hours, so this one is a lot smaller than the manadala colouring book. My boyfriend recommended going with the autumn theme for this one and I think it turned out pretty well!
Remember how I mentioned Sinterklaas in my previous sunday post? Stores start to sell special sinterklaas candy since september, for which I am very happy as I lvoe most of the sinterklaas candies. These are “Kruidnootjes”, they are cinnamon and other spices flavours small round shaped cookies. Maybe I’ll try to make these myself ones so I can share the recipe. But often I am lazy and just buy a bag of them in the supermarket. They are very yummy.
Another Sinterklaas delicacy! I am not even sure how to translate this one, it’s puff pastry dough with sweet almond paste filling. You slice off a piece and warm it up in the oven for a while and then eat it. I love these and often buy a few of these leading up in the month till sinterklaas. It’s delicious!
Last year Read me Away interviewed me about Sinterklaas if you want to know more about it you can read the interview
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Spiced Pointed Cabbage
- Monday: Indian Cauliflower Mash in tortilla wraps
- Tuesday: leftover Indian Cauliflower Mash
- Wednesday: Soup with homemade french bread
- Thursday: mashed potatoes with red bell pepper with onion sauce and chicken and veggie burger
- Extra: Nutella Cookies
- Friday: storebought salad
- Saturday: Fried Rice
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Stars Wars the Clone Wars Animated series
– Review: Damned if I do (The Harker Trilogy #1) by Erin Hayes
– Lola’s Ramblings: Why Do You Review Books?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Banana Crumble Muffins
– Review: Burying Water (Burying Water #1) by K.A. Tucker
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Susceptible to Him (Risso Family #1) by Lynn Burke
– Review: Immersed (Immersed #1) by Katie Hayoz
– Bookish Resolutions Challenge: September
– 2015 New Release Challenge Third recap
– Lola’s Ramblings: What Aaspects do You Like to see in a Romance
– Lola’s Kitchen: Potato Curry Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #14: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Review Opportunity: The Other Side of Summer by Elyse Douglas
– Review Opportunity: The Case and Hard Case by Marc Hirsch
– Review Opportunity: Love Spell by Mia Kerick
– Review Opportunity: Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2) by Kelsey Ketch
– Review Opportunity: The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King
– Review Opportunity: 3volve and The Shadow of Loss by Josefina Gutierrez
– Book Blitz: Maiden of Secrets by Paul Neslusan – runs from 1 till 7 October
– Book Blitz: Live by Gillian Zane – runs from 13 till 19 October
– Book Blitz: Mischief Under the Mistletoe – runs from 17 till 23 november
– Book Blitz: Sonar the Cyclone by B Truly – runs from 30 november till 4 december
Falling in Deep Collection
by Melanie Karsak, Pauline Creeden, A. R. Draeger, J. M. Miller, Carrie L. Wells, Blaire Edens, Erin Hayes, Margo Bond Collins, Katie Hayoz, Eli Constant and Poppy Lawless
Source: bought it with an amazon gift card I won
You can find Falling in Deep on Goodreads
*** SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE OF JUST 99 CENTS ***
Our collection includes fourteen unique mermaid tales with over 900 pages of enchanting stories from award-winning and best-selling authors!
From mermaids to sirens, Miami to Athens, dark paranormal romance to contemporary stories with steam, the fourteen award-winning and best-selling authors of the FALLING IN DEEP COLLECTION are bringing you mermaid tales like you’ve never seen before. Are you ready to fall in deep?
Scales by Pauline Creeden
Ink: A Mermaid Romance by Melanie Karsak
Of Ocean and Ash by A. R. Draeger
Deep Breath by J. M. Miller
At the Heart of the Deep by Carrie Wells
The Mermaid’s Den by Ella Malone
The Water is Sweeter by Eli Constant
The Glass Mermaid by Poppy Lawless
An Officer & a Mermaid by Blaire Edens
How to be a Mermaid by Erin Hayes
Cold Water Bridegroom by B. Brumley
Immersed by Katie Hayoz
Siren’s Kiss by Margo Bond Collins
To Each His Own by Anna Albergucci
I already read two stories from this box set and really enjoyed them! So I am happy to have the whole box set so I can read the rest too!