The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a hard week. Monday Smarties died on the way to the vet. Last weekend she got sick and had trouble breathing, we brought her to the emergency weekend vet on sunday and she did better when we get her to go home with us that evening, but the next morning she had gotten worse again and her nose was blue. So we called our own vet and made an appointmen for that afternoon. Then she got even worse just before we had to leave for the vet and just picked her up and hurried to the vet, but she died on the way there. We miss her so much and it’s so weird to have a healthy rat one moment and then she got sick and was gone so fast. We’re trying to spend a lot of time with Snickers as she’s alone in the cage now and rats really need each other their company and Snickers always seemed to get a bit sad when she was alone for too long. So this is hard on her as well. It’s so weird to only have one rat now and there are so many little things in which we notice the difference, it really takes some getting used to.
Thanks for everyone who stopped by this week and everyone their kind words on my post about Smarties. It’s moments like these that I fully appreciate the wonderfull communtiy we have. All your comments and support means a lot to me! I tried to reply and comment back, but I didn’t manage to comment back on all the comments on my sunday post. I was happy to get a new tour request on monday, so I could stay busy with that. When I am staying busy there’s less time to think and feel. Then tuesday I cleaned the rat cage for Snickers, Snickers was not amused and still hasn’t explored the cage or maybe she does that at night.
We’re tyring to give Snickers a lot of attention as we know she needs the social contact, but she is basically being a grump and sleeping a lot. We try to feed her some yummies and every day I pull her out of the cage a few times. I have to literally dragging her out of the cage sometimes, although she doesn’t seem to mind, she just won’t come out of her own. If she really doens’t want out, she’ll go sit in the Sputnik where she knows I can’t get her easily. We also set up a vacation house spot on my desk for her, so she can stay close to us and sleep on my desk if she wants to. I feel so sorry for her and also a bit worried. She lost her friend and sister as well. She doesn’t eat too well, so we’re feeding her some extra yummies like corn and rice. And I bought some soy milk for her to drink and we dunk her rat food in it, she seems to like it, there’s a picture below. At least this way she drinks enough and she loves drinking the soy milk from a syringe while sitting on my lap. So that really helps to get enough fluids in her. I am glad I remembered that from when Pita was sick.
Then wednesday my sites both were down for 4 hours, which was extremely frustrating as I was worrying and trying to figure out what the issue was and then when I called my hosting provider there was an automatic message that they were aware of the hosting issue and working on it. Apparently there’s also a page on their site where they post notifications, but I couldn’t find it as it was hidden quite well. A half hour after call both sites were live again luckily. The rest of the week went okay. On friday my sister and her boyfriend visited, which was fun. We talked, drank tea and ate cake. And saturday I worked on another new tour and had 3 blog tours starting that day.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
Snickers eating porridge from her paw on the couch on tuesday while I was cleaning her cage.
Snickers vacation house on my desk.
Snickers nose poking out of the vacation house
Rat pallet food dunked in soy milk. That’s what she’s eating. It looks gross, but Snickers quite likes it and if she does eat her rat food this week, then she can get it dunked in soy milk.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Spring Rolls
- Monday: veggie burger on bread with baked onion and red bell pepper. And baked chicken for my boyfriend.
- Tuesday: Risotto with green beans, red bell pepper, ginger and coriander powder
- Wednesday: leftover Risotto with green beans, red bell pepper, ginger and coriander powder
- Extra: Crumb Cake with Apple
- Thursday: Fried Rice
- Friday: leftover Fried Rice
- Extra: Mango Lassi
- Saturday: Korma
- Extra: Cinnamon Mug Cake
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Mamachari Matchmaker (Kami No Sekai short stories #3) by SJ Pajonas
– Smarties RIP
– Review: The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary
– Bookish Resolutions: July Recap
– Lola’s Ramblings: How many Books do you Read at Once?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Cajun Pasta Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #12: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Led Astray by Kelley Armstrong
– Review: Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas
– Lola’s Ramblings: My Bookmark Collection
– Lola’s Kitchen: Pasta Salad with Corn and Egg
– My To-Be Read List #12: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Review Opportunity: The Other Side of Summer by Elyse Douglas
– Review Opportunity: The Case and Hard Case by Marc Hirsch
– Review Opportunity: Love Spell by Mia Kerick
– Review Opportunity: Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2) by Kelsey Ketch
– Review Opportunity: The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King
– Review Opportunity: 3volve and The Shadow of Loss by Josefina Gutierrez
– Cover Reveal: Destiny of the Queen by Jacqueline Patricks – 30 August
– The Mark of Noba by GL Tomas – 11 August – New!
– Blog Tour: Guardian by Katy Newton Naas – runs from 3-16 August
– Book Blitz: Love, Defined by Leila Tualla – runs from 4-10 August
– Book Blitz: Love Easy and Love Hard by Roe Valentine – runs from 17-23 August
– Book Blitz: The Mark of Noba by GL Tomas – runs from 25-31 August – New!
– Blog Tour: Destiny Rising by Siobhan Davis – runs from 1-21 September
– Book Blitz: The Bro Code by Jacqueline Patricks – runs from 6-12 September – New!
I didn’t got any new books this week.