The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Update: I will be a bit out of today, this morning our rat Smarties was much worse than yesterday evening and she was gasping for breath so we picked her up and brought her to the weekend vet. She stayed there in the oxygen room for 6 hurs and we just picked her up this evening, she’s still havign trouble breathing, but doign much better than this morning. We try to feed her a bit and give her something to drink. We have medicine which should help her.
This was a bit of a quiet week and while I love those I also hate them. I like staying busy, being busy means less time to think or overthink things. And with slow week often the doubt creeps back in, wondering if I am doign the right thing and such. So I tried to stay busy and just add a few more tasks to my schedule. I did a lot of blog commenting done earlier in the week and wrote 3 Lola’s Ramblings posts. I also took some time for myself, coloured a bit (but didn’t finish the page so no picture yet) and got some reading done. My boyfriend and I also watched a few more episodes of Stars Wars Clone Wars and we’re now around season 3. We’re really enjoyed the series.
Even though Snickers her wound is almost fully recovered we’re still a bit worried about her. She lost some weight during her recovery and now we’re trying to feed her some more yummies in hopes he will gain some more weight. And she has some weakness in her hind legs, she can still climbs, but doesn’t has as much power in them as she used to. It’s probably due to old age, but we’re keeping a close eye on her. And sometimes while washing herself she rolls over, which is very sad to see. beside those she does acts normal, so that’s good, she just needs to gain a bit more weight.
Friday my boyfriend and I visited a city close by (Leyden) for some shopping and to celebrate out 7 year anniversary. We had some yummy lunch at your favourite restaurant in leyden; The Jacketz. Then we did some shopping. We got some ice cream at a great ice cream store, I got yoghurt, passion fruit and newyork cheesecake flavours. My boyfriend got four nuts, chocolate and banana ice cream. We bought a present for my boyfriend his mom, who celebrates her birthday next month. And had dinner at an Indian restaurant in The Hague. The dinner was okay. We were the only customers at the restaurant and the waiter seemed pretty new to his job, which was a bit awkward. The food was okay, but not as good as the previous Indian restaurant we ate at. We did try something called Mango Lassi, which was really good. It’s a yoghurt mango drink and that was the best part of dinner. The restaurant was pretty mediocre, even the naan wasn’t as good as I hoped, but at least we had a fun day. Oh and we stopped by the Lush store after dinner and bought two new massage bars, we love their products!
And I bought a new shower gel for myself when grocery shopping. My bofyriend and I are a big fan of Treacle Moon their shower gels. I think it’s an UK brand as their packages are all english. Have you tried this brand? They have some great smells and the whole bathroom smells like them when you shower and the smell stays on your skin for a while. We tried the Ginger, Cinnamon and Warm Apple Pie smells so far. The Warm Apple Pie one is my favourite.
And then friday evening when I was reading on the bed with the rats I noticed Smarties made sound while breathing and it only got worse, her flanks are heaving sometimes and she seems distressed. She hardly wnats to eat or drink and just sits still trying to breathe the whole day. It’s so hard to see her like this as she’s always such a happy and enthousiastic rat and busy runing around and she’s so down now. We’ll have to wait till monday before we can call the vet as we dont’t want to risk going to a weekend vet where we have to pay much more and who might not know rats as well as our normal vet. We’re giving her lots of attention and yummies, which seems to help a bit, but she doesn’t want to eat or drink a lot. So I am still worried a lot.
Oh and there’s a new widget in the sidebar, if you mention seeing the ad and my blog you can get 10% off at Limabean Designs. Limabean Designed most of the headers on this blog, my blog header and the smaller headers on top of each post. I love her work and would recommend to check her out if you are looking for a new design or anything for your blog. She’s awesome to work with and never minded if I wnated some changes made or wnated soemthign
Random Picture(s) of the Week
Smarties, earlier this week before she got sick
My boyfriend his BLT jacket lunch on friday.
My beetroot salad jacket as lunch on friday.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover potato curry
- Monday: veggie burger on bread with baked onion and red bell pepper
- Tuesday: Tortilla wraps with curry sauce
- Wednesday: leftover Tortilla wraps with curry sauce
- Thursday: Pizza Tortilla wraps
- Extra: Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Friday: Dinner at Indian Restuarant
- Saturday: Spring Rolls
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Visions by Kelley Armstrong
– Review: Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis
– Lola’s Ramblings: What Makes a Good Book Ending?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Spring Rolls Recipe
– Review: Freya’s Inferno by Sonja Bair
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Mamachari Matchmaker (Kami No Sekai short stories #3) by SJ Pajonas
– Review: The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary
– Bookish Resolutions: June Recap
– Lola’s Ramblings: How many Books do you Read at Once?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Cajun Pasta Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #12: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Review Opportunity: The Other Side of Summer by Elyse Douglas
– Review Opportunity: The Case and Hard Case by Marc Hirsch
– Review Opportunity: Love Spell by Mia Kerick
– Review Opportunity: Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2) by Kelsey Ketch
– Review Opportunity: The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King
– Review Opportunity: 3volve and The Shadow of Loss by Josefina Gutierrez
– Blog Tour: Kenna’s Reverie by Claire Granger – runs from 1-14 August
– Blog Tour: The Dating Intervention by Hilary Dartt – runs from 1-14 August
– Blog Tour: Miles Apart by Rhona L. James – runs from 1-21 August
– Blog Tour: Guardian by Katy Newton Naas – runs from 3-16 August
– Book Blitz: Love, Defined by Leila Tualla – runs from 4-10 August
– Book Blitz: Love Easy and Love Hard by Roe Valentine – runs from 17-23 August
– Blog Tour: Destiny Rising by Siobhan Davis – runs from 1-21 September
Dream on Amber
by Emma Shevah
Source: for review through netgalley
You can find Dream On Amber on Goodreads
Amber Alessandra Leola Kimiko Miyamoto. As if her name made up for being tiny, half Japanese and half Italian, and starting a new school with a caveman phone. Dream on! But the hardest bit about being Amber is that a part of her is missing. Her dad. He left when she was little and if he isn’t coming back, she’ll have to sort things out another way. And Amber has a big imagination …
Delinquent: An Alliance Novella (Alliance 0.5)
by Emma L. Adams
Source: for review
You can find Delinquent on Goodreads
Nineteen-year-old Kay Walker seems to have it all, including an assured future with the Alliance after he graduates from the prestigious Academy. But when he and his friends discover the lure of the Passages, the place between the worlds where monsters hide, they’re caught up in a contest with rival student Aric – which soon escalates into a deadly game.
A perfect life hides lies, and Kay becomes a target for alluring yet deadly magic he has no way of understanding. Magic is a force on its own, and on no one’s side…