Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
I have a sweet tooth and I just love cookies, so I knew I had to share my recipe for some of the best cookies I ever ate. These cookies are chewy, chocolaty with just a touch of salt and cinnamon. They are delicious!
This recipe was inspired by Food Network
For the dough:
- All-purpose flour – 375 gram/ 3 cups
- Unsweetened Cacao powder – 16 gram/ 2 tablespoon
- Baking Soda – 2 gram/ 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 12 gram / 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter – 180 gram/ 1 1/2 stick/ 0.8 cup<
- Granulated Sugar – 180 gram/ 1 cup
- Chocolate – 200 gram/ 1 cup
- Eggs of flag eggs- 2
For the sugar mixture to roll cookie dough in:
- Sugar – 50 gram/ 1/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 4 teaspoons
- Unsweetened Cacao powder – 10 gram/ 1 tablespoon
- Sea Salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cacao powder, soda, baking powder and salt. Give it a stir and set aside.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave. Heat for 15 seconds stir well, repeat until all chocolate is molten. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then throw it in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, for a few minutes.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- Now pick another bowl and mix all the ingredients for the sugar mixture.
- Pick a bit of cookie dough, roll in a ball and roll through the sugar. Place on a baking sheet, I always line up 4 each row and they fit all on one baking sheet that way. Repeat until all dough is gone.
- Set the plate in the refrigator for about 30- 60 minutes. Or let stay overnight. You can skip this step.
- Get back to the kitchen when cookie dough has cooled long enough, preheat the oven on 200 degrees Celsius/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit. When oven has preheated bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes. It’s okay if they look a bit underdone, they will finish baking while cooling.
- Let them cool down a bit and eat them ;). Or you can store them in an air-tight container up to 5 days.
Step 1 mix the dry ingredients
Step 2 melt the chocolate
Butter, sliced and ready to go into the microwave
Step 3 mix the butter and sugar
Step 4 mix in the egg
Step 5 add the chocolate
Step 7 make the sugar mixture
Step 8 roll the cookie dough through the sugar mixture
Line the cookies up on the parchment sheet
Close up of raw cookies lined up on the parchment sheet
Step 9 put the cookies in the refrigator
Cookies out of the oven