The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Ugh another weird week. Monday I couldn’t log into my Lola’s Blog Tours website. I couldn’t stop stressing and worrying. Then after finishing my book that evening I put my Kobo into the computer while powering the computer up and my Kobo gave a white screen of death. I freaked out and was close to tears as it seemed like my Kobo e-reader had died. Eventually after trying everything else I did a reset and I was so relieved when I saw all my books staring at me from the screen. I was afraid I would have to put all my books on my e-reader anew, but that wasn’t the case and all my books were still there. So crises averted and my Kobo worked again.
I checked everything I could think of and did a lot of research in the meantime to see if I could figure out if anyone had logged into my site or changed things. I couldn’t find any evidence of someone having hacked my site, so that was good, but I still worried and there was only so much I could figure out without being in my dashboard. And then Tuesday I tried logging in again and no issues at all. I was so relieved to be able to log in again. I guess I really mistyped my password, ugh! I also checked all my plugins and there was no evidence of anyone else being logged in, I did have about 1000 failed login attempts in the last day though, so I guess I am being targetted again. Website security is one of those things I can worry about endlessly. It feels like there is always some loophole hackers can get through and I just wish there was a 100% secure way to lock your site. So two bad things happened that had me stressed, which both turned out right in the end, but did bring me a lot of stress.
Beside that it was a busy week, but sort of okay. I had a new review opportunity for Lola’s Blog Tours that I worked on, sent out some media kits for tours later this month and got some more marketing assistant work done. I did my taxes for the first quarter of this year and I while I made less money that Q4 of 2014, I still made a nice amount. I did the taxes for the total of last year this weekend, when my mom was here as she always helps me with that, the quarterly ones are easy, but the yearly ones are difficult.
My sister is moving out next friday/ weekend, things certainly moved fast. She has packed most of her stuff already. They get the keys to their new appartment on friday and then start painting and after that move things there. I am planning to make some dishes she likes next week as it’s her last week in this house.
My boyfriend started some freelance translation work though a website online to make some more money and he already landed one job, which he enjoyed. So that’s good news, he’s hoping to find a job in editing or translation eventually and is planning to do a translation dutch/ english master next year if possible. And my mom has a surgery for her tonsils next week as she had pain for a quite some weeks now. They are also going to do test with it as it might be something worse, but she won’t know the results until monday the 20th. That gave me a bit of a scare, so now hoping everything turns out okay, just waiting till we know more.
My boyfriend and I started watching Star Wars Rebels and it’s really good and addictive. I wish we had waited a bit longer to start it as I am afraid we will get through the episodes that are released so far in the next week and then I’ll be sad as we have to wait for the new episodes. It’s so good and every time we finish a episode we just want to watch a few more. It’s an animated series, but I really like the style and there are lot of original Star Wars sounds and some characters in it, R2D2 and 3CPO even made an appearance! And there are a lot of epic actions scenes and the main character are all interesting as well. It takes place between the prologue trilogy and the original trilogy, so when the empire is securing it’s foothold in the galaxy and the rebels are just starting to get organized.
I’ve been reading a lot of romance novels these weeks as I really was in the mood for those and found a new favourite romance author, namely Joanne Rock. I love her Heartache series and am currently reading the Runaway Brides series which she co-writes by Catherine Manna nd it’s such a fun series as well. And I got a review copy for the second Kami No Sekai book by SJ pajonas, which was just as much fun as the first book, this book was about a statue that wants to travel. And Pajonas her book Face Time is one sale for only 0.99$ this weekend only, so make sure to grab your copy if you love contemporary romance books, I loved this book and it was one of my favourite books of 2014.
And I am joining the Mini Blog Ahead which takes place in the first two weeks of May. The goal is to end the challenge with 14 more scheduled posts than you started. I am not sure if I am going to make that amount, but even if I only end with a few more scheduled posts than I started it’s more than worth. Ever since the last Blog Ahead I’ve been aroudn the 30-45 posts ahead, so I am hoping to get that buffer a bit higher every time. I’ll share my updates in my sunday post, like I did with Coyer instead of creating a sign-up post.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Mashed Potatoes, with red bell pepper in soy sauce and chicken and vega nuggets
- Extra: Oatmeal cookies
- Monday: Sajoer Risottto
- Tuesday: Peanut Butter Tofu, beets and rice
- Wednesday: Spinach, lentils and masala quiche – recipe post coming in July
- Extra: Crumb Cake
- Thursday: Cajun Spaghetti – new recipe, really liked this, will make it again for recipe post next time
- Friday: Pizza! – we ordered pizza as a new pizza shop opened close by and there was a discount were you basically got the second pizza for free.
- Saturday: Indian Cauliflower Mash
Random Picture(s) of the Week
This week’s rat cage. They have an empty apple juice box (the apple juice normaly fits into a bag into this box) and lots of pieces of cloth, which they like to rearrange. At the moment they are all holed up in front of the box as some sort of barrier.
My dinner on sunday evening. The safari vega nuggets were so cute, lol.
This week I blogged about:
– Blog Tour: Raising the Stakes by Karen Rock – review
– Cover Reveal: Taken by Chance by Erica Cameron and Lani Woodland
– Review: Lovestruck (True Calling #1.5) by Siobhan Davis
– Lola’s Ramblings: Why I like reading Discussion Posts
– Lola’s Kitchen: Ten Foods I don’t Like
– My To-Be Read List #8: chosen book
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Book Blitz: True Calling (True Calling #1) by Siobhan Davis
– Review: Promises Under the Peach Tree (Heartache #1) by Joanne Rock
– Review: Enticed by JA Belfield
– Lola’s Ramblings: What do you Love about your Job?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Carrot Souflé Recipe
– Review: A Moment to Love by Jennifer Faye
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cross Roads by Donald Wilson II – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Last House Burning by Katy Scott – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Mending Michael (Hunter Hill University #2) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: True Calling (True Calling #1) by Siobhan Davis – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Nights Under the Tennessee Stars by Joanne Rock – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Ghostcrow: A Tale of Andor by M.K. Theodoratus – sign-ups open till further notice
– Book Blitz: True Calling by Siobhan Davis – sign-ups open till 12 April
– Blog Tour: Tara Nikkel and the Shaman of La’la Eek by R.A. Sapp – sign-ups open till 13 April
– Book Blitz: Bound by Blood by Scott Springer – sign-ups open till 20 April
– Book Blitz: Suspected by Rori Shay – sign-ups open till 21 April
– Blog Tour: Regina Shen by Lance Erlick – sign-up open till 17 May
– Book Blitz: Love Overcomes by Angela Schroeder – sign-ups open till 18 May
– Blog Tour: Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis– sign-ups open till 30 April
– Blog Tour: All for Love by Susanne Matthews– sign-ups open till 25 May
The Truth About Hope
by Kate James
Source: for review through netgalley
You can find The Truth about Hope on Goodreads
Who is Hope Wilson?
Is she the girl her former hometown thinks she is? Or the girl Luke Carter once loved—and maybe still does?
When Hope returns to Canyon Creek, Texas, to honor her
father’s last wishes, there’s only one person on her mind: her high school sweetheart, Luke. The boy she lied to when she had to leave Canyon Creek as a teen, finding it easier to hide what she really felt than deal with the grief of loss. Her father’s fortune could make a big difference to Canyon Creek—but Hope finds that the townspeople have a long memory about his misdeeds. With a plan to make amends on his behalf,
Hope learns the truth about herself. And the truth about love.
Pursued by the Rich Rancher (Diamonds in The Rough #2)
by Catherine Mann
Source: for review through netgalley
You can find Pursued by the Ring Ranger on Goodreads
A millionaire cowboy must woo a single mom to earn his inheritance! Only from USA TODAY bestselling author Catherine Mann
Single mom Nina Lowery has never understood the sex appeal of cowboys. Until she brings her son to a weeklong horse camp and meets the wealthy rancher in charge
Seduction isn’t part of Alex McNair’s plan to earn his piece of his family’s estate. Yet plans have a way of changing. Nina and her little boy hold the key to Alex’s future. Breaking the promise he made to his dying grandmother is not an option, but neither is breaking Nina’s heart.