The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty busy and productive week. Not too bad of a week, but mostly focused on work with a few fun things mixed in. I finished the work for my authors for whom I do assistant work as it was the end of the month. I put a new sign-up post for a blitz live and a tour I organized is still running.
On Tuesday I went out for lunch with my mom. First we stopped by her new house, which looked great. Then we walked a bit through the city and had lunch there. We both went for American pancakes with whipped cream and red fruits, which were delicious. And we had a smoothie made of apples, oranges and lemon, which was great too. We talked and walked a bit more, had some ice cream and then I went home again.
We had some really warm weather for this time of the year this week. It almost feels like spring already, which is nice, but also a bit weird. Although this weekend it’s a bit colder again and it almost feels like autumn.
I finished an audiobook this week and two books. And I started a new audiobook which is a re-read. I also wrote two recipe posts this week. I’ve spaced them out, so I have one per month scheduled for now.
And I tried some new products again this week from my supermarket. Last week I bought beet bread, which was great, so this week I bought carrot bread to try out too. It was good, but doesn’t really taste like carrots. And they had these pita breads, but then with veggies, of which we tired the red bell pepper and beet variation, both were really good.
February Reading Stats
- Amount of Books Read: 9
- Format: 2 audiobooks and 7 ebooks
- Genres: 3 Contemporary Romance, 2 Urban Fantasy, 1 science Fiction, 1 Fantasy Romance, 1 Cozy Mystery and 1 Paranormal Cozy Mystery
- Favorite Book: Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas
- Ratings: 7 books got a 4 star rating, 1 book got a 5 star (Summer Haikus)
- Age Category: 5 Adult, 2 New adult and 2 Young Adult
- Book Length: all 9 were full length books
- Source: 5 for review, 2 books that I bought and 2 subscription service
- New to me Authors: 3 new to me authors: Melinda Snodgrass, Laura Chapman and Danielle Garrett and 1 new to me narrator as well: Amanda Ronconi
- Publisher: 7 books were self published books and 2 books were published by Tantor Audio
- Type of Romance: all 9 books had a FM romance
- Romance focus: 3 books had romance as the main focus, 3 books had romance as a side plot line and 3 had only a hint of romance
- Point of View: 5 book has a female point of view and 4 books had dual point of view
- Country: 5 books took place in the USA, 1 in Space or planets, 1 in fantasy World, 1 in the UK and 1 in Japan
What did I read this week?
Murder’s a Witch I struggled to get into, but once I was into the story I ended up enjoying it. Junkyard was a fun prequel novella, the first book I read by this author and I started book 1 right after it. The Fairer Hex fell flat for me, I really wanted to like it, but it felt both not in depth enough and like nothing was happening at the same time. I just never grew to care about the characters.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Lonely Shore by Jenn Burke and Kelly Jensen
– Review: The Crystal Queen by Lidiya Foxglove
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Building Your Empowered Steps by LM Preston
– Behesians by Isaiyan Morrison
– Empty Eyes by Nancy Gray
– Golden Skies by Juan Zapata
– Poseidon’s Academy by Sarah A Vogler
– The Firefly by Nancy Gray
– The Krampus by Nancy Gray
– The Going Back Portal by Connie Lacy
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals open for sign-up at the moment
My Moved mY Goat Cheese, Death by Sea and a A Killing by the Sea were all 99 cents and I’ve been in a cozy mood lately, so I bought these. Bookbub Ads Excerpt I bougth on release day as I enjoyed another non-fiction book by this author and I know nothing about Bookbub ads, so I thought it would be interesting to read about that. Silent Bud Deadly and Arctic Sun I got for review. Silent Bud Deadly is the second book in this new series by HY Hanna, book 1 was great and I hope book 2 is too. Arctic Sun is by an author I heard many good things about and I liked the sound of it, so I signed-up to be part of the blog tour.