The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty busy, but good week for the most part. I felt a bit tired a few days and hope I don’t get the flu that seems to be going around. I finished up the assistant work for my authors for this month and did some work for my new author. I also worked on a review opportunity that should be live next week and sent out the media kits for the blog tour starting next week.
My reading mood stayed a bit weird. I do think my current read will pull me out of it, even tough it’s probably going to end up as a 3 star read. I think I was just in the mood for a genre switch and reading a contemporary Romance seemed to help. On my Kobo I finished the third Imprints book and promptly picked up book 4. I am binging this series which is so strange as I never do that, but it’s so good and I didn’t feel like picking up another book. I am making good progress on my current puzzle as well. And as February has ended it’s time for my February reading stats.
February Reading Stats
February wasn’t the best reading month. It started of great and I had some good reads, but I landed in a weird reading mood halfway through and had some trouble deciding what to read and just ended up with books which weren’t quite what I wanted to read.
- Amount of Books Read: 10 (1 less than in January)
- Genres: 2 Paranormal Suspense, 2 Contemporary Romance, 2 Paranormal Romance, 1 Science Fiction Romance, 1 Cozy Mystery, 1 Romantic Suspense and 1 Urban Fantasy
- Favorite Book: On the Hunt by Teyla Branton
- Ratings: 5 books got a 4 star and 5 books got a 3 star
- Age Category: 7 Adult books and 3 New Adult books
- Book Length: 7 full length books and 3 novella’s
- Source: 6 books I got for reveiw and 4 I bought
- New to me Authors: 2 new to me authors: LJ Swallow and Dyan Chick
- Publisher: I read 8 self published and 2 from Kensington
- Type of Romance: 6 books had a FM romance, 3 had a RH (Reverse Harem) romance and 1 MM Romance
- Romance focus: 4 books had romance as a side plot line, 4 books had romance as the main focus and 3 had only a hint of romance
- Point of View: 6 Female main characters, 1 Male main character, 1 multiple point of view and 1 Dual Point of view
8 book set in the USA, 1 in the fictional city The Edge and 1 in space
What did I read this week?
Magic Born fell a bit flat for me, lots of little things that didn’t work for me, but it wans’t a bad book per se. And I feel kinda bad that i was the first 3 star review for the book. Upstaged was a great read. I liked the mystery a bit less than in the first two books, but I liked how the mystery was pretty different again and I like seeing the romance change and progress.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Magic Born by Dyan Chick
– Review: On the Hunt by Teyla Branton
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Sweet Hollow Women by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Deck The Malls with Purple Peacocks by Amy Gettinger
– N. N. Light’s Book of Daily Inspiration by N.N. Light
– Modern Persuasion by Sara Marks
– Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no open cover reveal at the moment
– Blog Tour: The Most Special Chosen by Rachel de la Fuente – 5 till 18 March
The cover of Shoot the Messenger caught my attention, it’s a slow burn RH sci-fi book, the blurb sounded good and it was only 99 cents and by an author whose books I had on my wishlist, so I grabbed this one without a second though. Illegal Contact I had on my wishlist since reading a great review for it by one of my blogger friends and decided to buy it. Quinn’s Gambit I found somehow when browsing books and it sounded like a good book, so I bought that one too. Good Luck Charm sounded like a fun contemporary romance read focused on the luck theme and was only 99 cents.