The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was a bit less busy than last week, which was kinda nice. But for some reason I was really tired this week, it felt like I had caught a cold, but like I was stuck at that stage right before the full symptoms hit. So I never really got to the being sick stage, but I also didn’t really feel 100% healthy. It was weird. I also had a headache one day and took a nap that helped and yesterday another headache hit, but painkillers took care of that. Mostly it was a pretty okay week.
As for work, I had two tours running this week, I sent out two media kits this week for tours that are starting next week and I did some assistant work. And this week my mom stopped by for a visit this week, which was fun, we talked and drank tea.
I read two books this week and scheduled reviews for them and I am still making my way through Pets in Space 2, which is a great read, but very long as all the stories are a decent length. Lots of great stories in there so far. I also bought some new books, a box set of a series I started this week and two new releases I was curious about.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week.
What did I read this week?
I read through two novella’s this week on ym Kobo. Both were only 60 pages or so, so they are fairly short reads, hence why it still looks like I read something. Both were 3 star reads, a lot of fun, original setting, but a bit short. Pride fo Afrika felt a bit rushed, but Night Spots was a lot better paced. I already bought the rest of the series. Pets in Space 2 is about 800 pages long, so it’s taking me a while to get through that
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Japanese Curry
- Monday: Cajun pasta
- Tuesday: Cajun pasta
- Wednesday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Thursday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Wraps with sweet potato mash, spinach and veggie nuggets
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Dial Meow for Murder by Bethany Blake
– Review: Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis
– New Release Challenge 2017: 3rd quarterly recap
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Making it Complicated by Clarisse David – 9 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Saven Series Box Set by Siobhan Davis – 26 September till 2 October
– Book Blitz: Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer – 27 September till 3 October
– Book Blitz: Always With You by Hannah Ellis – 3 till 9 October
– Blog Tour: Running Out of Space by S.J. Higbee – 11 till 31 October
– Book Blitz: Forsake by Andrea Pearson – 19 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis – 23 till 29 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: The Right Kind of Reckless by Heather Van Fleet – 31 October till 6 November
I bought the box set with all 6 books in the Hotel safari series as I am having fun with these stories so far. Let There Be Love sounds so good! It’s been on my wishlist since I first heard about it and now it got released so I grabbed my copy. Shattered Heir is a YA Fantasy, I was curious about this one and bought a copy when it released. Both Let There be Love and Shattered Heir were only $0.99. Southern Fried was only $0.99 so I bought it as I already have book 1.