The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was very busy, but mostly because of good things. I celebrated Lola’s Blog Tours 4 year anniversary. I did a post about it on my site, sent out newsletters to my tour host and authors list about and I am celebrating with a discount on book blitzes and a giveaway for everyone. You can enter the giveaway here.
I also put two new sign-up posts live this week (one book blitz and one bookstagram blitz), sent out a media kit for a tour that starts next week and did some assistant work. On Wednesday I had a visit to the dentist, which is never fun, but luckily I had no cavities. We celebrated by buying a cinnamon bun.
Remember how last week I was afraid I would get into a reading slump? Well this week totally changed that around. I read a 5 star book and I bought a bunch of new books. Some of these I was waiting to release and others caught my attention.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week.
What did I read this week?
The Release was a 5 star read, Rituals was a 4 star read. It was a good week fo reading. The Release was so good. I actually e-mailed the author to let her know how much I enjoyed it. This series hit all the things I am looking for in a good sci-fi book. Rituals was a great ending to the series, but I had some issues too like a big bad guy that suddenly came out of nowhere and the choice thing that was a tad predictable.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Mapo Tofu
- Monday: Tomato Pasta
- Tuesday: Tomato Pasta
- Wednesday: Spices Pointed Cabbage with tofu and cashew nuts
- Thursday: Spices Pointed Cabbage with tofu and cashew nuts
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Japanese Curry
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Rituals by Kelley Armstrong
– Review: Curveball by Jordan Ford
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Making it Complicated by Clarisse David – 9 October
– Book Blitz: Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares – 18 till 24 September
– Bookstagram Blitz: Saven Series Box Set by Siobhan Davis – 26 September till 2 October
– Book Blitz: Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer – 27 September till 3 October
– Book Blitz: Always With You by Hannah Ellis – 3 till 9 October
– Running Out of Space by S.J. Higbee – 11 till 31 October
– Book Blitz: Forsake by Andrea Pearson – 19 October – New!
– Bookstagram Blitz: Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis – 23 till 29 October – New!
– Bookstagram Blitz: The Right Kind of Reckless by Heather Van Fleet – 31 October till 6 November
I splurged on books a bit this week. I bought al of these with some gift card money I won :). Except for A Chance this Christmas which I got for review through Netgalley. All of these books were $0.99. Some new to me authors and some I already know.