The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Just like last week this was a busy and productive week. Definitely the best type of busy as I got lots of new tours booked and while that means lots of work and being busy, it also feels me with happiness and energy. I love my job! I am still working on getting all the tours and cover reveals on my site, so next week more sign-up post will go live. But I am happy with what I got done this week.
I am organizing my second tour for an audiobook and I decided to officially list on my site that I organize audiobook tours as well. It seems audiobooks are getting more popular and it’s fun to organize audiobook tours as well. I hope by listing it on my site authors realize I do tours for audiobooks as well and I might get more of those in the future.
This week my sister came for a short visit, she brought a delicious chocolate pie with her and we ate it, drank tea and chatted about lots of different topics. It’s always fun to catch up with my sister.
My plan was to get few new books this week, but I totally failed in that regard, but I got so many books that I am really excited about that I don’t feel as bad at failing that goal. I didn’t got as much reading done this week as last week, but I am almost finished with my two current reads.
Picture of the Week
This week we bought two pints of a new brand of ice cream we discovered in our grocery store. I hadn’t seen this brand before, but it looked great. All the 6 or 7 flavors they had sounded good, but we decided to go with these two in the end. It’s ice cream made on coconut milk basis, I never have tried that before, so that sounds interesting. The pink one is with Indian spices and the blue one is with vanilla and coconut. I haven’t tried it yet, but they sound good. Have you ever eaten ice cream on coconut milk basis or other vegan ice cream?
What did I read this week?
I only finished one book this week, it doesn’t look as impressive, but I do think it was a longer book and it was really good. It’s an April release so it was nice to schedule a review so far in advance as the next few weeks are mostly full already.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Pumpkin curry with garlic naan
- Cake with Cinnamon swirls
- Monday: Sauerkraut Casserole
- Tuesday: leftover Sauerkraut Casserole
- Wednesday: Peanut Pasta
- Thursday: leftover Peanut Pasta
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Peach Crumble
- Saturday: Couscous with veggies and egg
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Dark, Witch and Creamy by HY hanna
– Interview with Sir Kipling from the Lilly Singer series by Lydia Sherrer
– Lola’s Ramblings: Book Comparisons
– Lola’s Kitchen: Rice with broccoli and tofu in peanut sauce
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Ensnared by Rita Stradling
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– The Return by Kelly St. Clare – 15 February
– Humanity’s Hope by Pembroke Sinclair – 17 February
– All That Glitters by Tracy Krimmer – 20 February
– Behind the lens by Cassandra Giovanni – 24 February – New!
Follow the Music by L.C. Ireland – 28 February – New!
– Book Blitz: Trials and Tribulations – 20 February till 5 March – New!
– Book Blitz: Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 21 till 27 February
– Book Blitz: Give Me Chaos by Jillian Ashe – 28 February till 6 March
– Blog Tour: The Fairytale Chicago of Francesca Finnegan by Steve Wiley (Audiobook Tour!) – 13 till 26 March – New!
Yes I got a lot of new books this week, but look at all the pretties! I requested Until it Fades on netgalley and am so happy I got approved for it! Touched by a Dragon got released for only $0.99 so i grabbed my copy on release day as I usually do with this series, I haven’t started it yet, but I can’t resist getting the books for that price as I know I want tor ea dit eventually. When the Grits Hit the Fan I got from netgalley as well, I really enjoyed book 1 and 2 in this series and am looking forward to book 3! Demon’s Kiss is the sequel to Magick Reborn and it was only $0.99, so i grabbed it hoping I will enjoy book 1. The Daydreamer Detective Opens a Tea Shop was one of my most anticipated releases of this year as a new Pajonas book is always reason to celebrate. I hope to start this one soon! So excited for this one. Smugglers and Scones I got for review. The author contacted me and it sounded exactly like the type of book I enjoy, so I accepted.
Freebies I grabbed:
Sorry didn’t make the time to type out my freebies for this week. I have a facebook post here where I list free and discounted books.