The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Happy New Year! I hope 2017 will be a good year. This week I spent some time looking back upon 2016 and I talked about the best books I read in 2016. I also spent some time looking forward and eventually decided to do a more global goal post where I list what goals I like to achieve in 2017 and then at the end of the year look back. It was a pretty okay week. I got some work done and did some gaming and reading. I finished two more great reads this year and am looking forward to 2017.
And last week was Christmas, here in the Netherlands we have two Christmas days. The first Christmas day we had lunch with my mom, her husband, my sister and her boyfriend. It was fun to see everyone and we had a nice lunch. After that we went back home, I was a bit tired and decided to take a nap. Then we spent a quiet evening at home. It was lovely. I had bought my boyfriend a co-op game for Christmas which we have been playing a bit. On the second Christmas day we visited my boyfriend his parents, we unpacked presents and had a multi course dinner. We got some leftovers home with us and ate that the next day.
As I said before I’ve been looking back upon this year, both personal and business wise. I made more money with my business than last year, but not a lot, I had hoped for a bigger growth, so I am hoping to focus more on that next year. And the slight growth my business had is mostly thanks to the extra assistant work I did this year, as I actually organized less tours than last year. In 2015 I organized 35 tours and only 30 in 2016. I have decided to change things up a bit next year. I am hoping to do more discounts and hopefully grow my newsletter for authors. And I will send out a newsletter when a new discount goes live. I’ve been planning which discounts to run when next year and it’s making me excited for next year. I also have listed a few of my business wise goals in the goal post I have scheduled for next week.
Picture of the Week
No picture of the week this week 🙁
What did I read this week?
I really enjoyed Speak no Evil, it was a great read and I can’t wait for book 3 in the series. I finished Love Lies and Hocus Pocus: Beginnings on the last day of the year so it still counts for this week and the last year, lol. It was a really good one and I already started book 2! I would recommend it to everyone who likes a good fantasy book set in the modern time with magic. After reading the book I realize how perfect the cover is, lots of small details that fit the characters and the cover image helped me visualize the characters.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Lukewarm Couscous Salad
- Monday: dinner at my boyfriend his parents
- Tuesday: leftover Christmas dinner
- Wednesday: Fried Rice
- Thursday: leftover Fried Rice
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Apple Caramel Cookies
- Saturday: Wraps with Curry Sauce and Rice
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Lola’s Advice: What to post on social media
– Review: Where we Were by Kellie Sheridan
– Lola’s Ramblings: Goals for 2017
– My To-Be Read List #29: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no open cover reveals at the moment.
– Book Blitz: Swords & Stilettos by Kristin D. Van Risseghem – 4 till 10 January
– Book Blitz: Four of a Kind by Kellie Sheridan – 4 till 10 January
– Book Blitz: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 9 till 15 January
– Book Blitz: Lana’s Ex Prom Date by Amy Sparling – 16 till 22 January
– Book Blitz: Amanda Lester Series by Paula Berinstein – 30 January till 5 February
– Book Blitz: Reckless Hearts by Heather Van Fleet– 7 till 13 February
– Book Blitz: Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 21 till 27 February – New!
Awakening I got for review form the author. Feyguard was only 0.99$ and I’ve read one other book by this author, so I decided to grab the box set. I was reading the fist Lilly Singer book and enjoyed it so much I bought the second book,Love Lies and Hocus Pocus Revelations, before I even finished reading it. I just started reading this one, right after I finished the first book. I got Four of a Kind through netgalley, yay! The prequel novella was very good, so looking forward to reading this one.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- XODUS by K.J. McPike (Paranormal/ Urban fantasy/ sci-fi) Amazon|Goodreads
- Sweet Secrets by J.A. Whiting (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Caleo by James Crawford (YA Fantasy Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Fire Song by Val St. Crowe (Urban Fantasy) Amazon|Goodreads
- Austin and the Magical Jawbreaker by Austin Hildenbrand and Heather Hildenbrand (MG Superheroes) Amazon|Goodreads
- Dark Horse by Michelle Diener (sci-fi) Amazon|Goodreads
- Shifters Forever: Box Set by Elle Thorne (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Fever by Melissa Pearl (Contemporary Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
Also check out my facebook post here where I list freebies and cheap books during the week.