The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was crazily busy, but in the best way. I had a lot of work to do this week. Two new book blitzes, a review opportunity and a new cover reveal went live on Lola’s Blog Tours. And I got some hours marketing assistant done this week as well. I like being busy.
On Wednesday my mom and I went to lunch together and did a bit of shopping. I got a belated birthday present/ early Christmas present: a kitchen aid (I think that’s the correct translation). I can’t wait to try it out! I haven’t had time to give it a try yet, but I did rummage through the box and read a bit of the information folder that came with and there’s so many different things I can use it for. I am sure it will be easier to make hummus with this than with the hand blender.
I did fall behind on replying to comments again, but I’ll just try and accept that I can’t do much blogging during the week and focus on that in the weekend instead. I did got a Lola’s Advice and Lola’s Kitchen post written and scheduled this week, so at least I got something blog related done. Oh and sign-ups for Winter Coyer are open! I already scheduled m sign-up post for December and am looking forward to the start of this reading challenge as I always have a lot of fun with this challenge!
Picture of the Week
I bought the pumpkin soup kit again and made it this week. And I made pictures and typed out a recipe post for it, so keep an eye out for the recipe early January. It’s such a delicious soup, yum!
What did I read this week?
I hate to admit it, but I didn’t finish a single book this week. I did make good progress on my current reads. I am about two thirds along with The Jakkattu Vector and it’s pretty good. I especially like the well done world building and how there are characters with certain ideas of the world and place in it and get those challenged. It keeps my attention. I am almost finished with Sweet Little Lies, but didn’t manage to finish it yesterday, so I probably finish that today. It’s a great read and I can’t wait to read the rets of the series, although the conflict bothered me a bit. I had a bit of money to spend on for books, so I bought book two in the series. I already have book three thanks to edelweiss, but didn’t have book 2 and prefer to read the series in order.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Fried Rice
- Monday: Sauerkraut Casserolle
- Tuesday: leftover Sauerkraut Casserolle
- Wednesday: Paste Salad with corn and egg
- Thursday: Pumpkin soup with french bread
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Betrayals by Kelley Armstrong
– Review: Bloodless by Toni Centanni
– Lola’s Ramblings: Reviewing Book Series
– Review: Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Book Blitz: Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – 30 November till 6 December – New!
– Book Blitz: Secrets & Shadows – 30 November till 6 December – New!
– Book Blitz: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis 9 till 15 January
Beauty and the Space Beast I got for review. I really like the cover for this one and am looking forward to reading it. Tech Your Heart I got from the author as I signed-up to post about the book on release day. I probably will try and review the book on that day as well. I have so many books by this author and really want to give one of her books a try. Reaped From Faerie I got for review as well, the first book was really good, so I hope to read this one soon. The Trouble with Mistletoe I bought myself as I am currently reading the first book in the series and am enjoying it and want to read the series in order. I hope to review book 3 early January, so I want to try and fit this one in first.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- Bought The Farm by Jeff Shelby (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Diary of a Single Wedding Planner by Violet Howe (Contemporary Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Awaken by Rachel M. Humphrey-D’aigle/ Humphrey Quinn (fantasy) Amazon|Goodreads
- Chase Tinker and the House of Magic by Malia Ann Haberman (Fantasy) Amazon|Goodreads