Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I’ve always wanted to try a banana bread recipe and one day when we had old banana’s I decided to give it a try. Found a recipe on the internet and made it. The banana bread was really good. It has a rich banana flavor and the cake is soft. I did change the recipe a bit to my taste and so it would be only for one loaf, but you can easily double or multiply the recipe for how many you want. Please excuse my weird shaped banana bread, when I was going to make this I realized I don’t own a loaf pan. So I baked it in a flat form, which worked great, although it doesn’t look like bread now.
This recipe is based on Fun Cheap Or Free their Grandma’s Famous banana Bread Recipe.
- Flour – 187 gram/ 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 180 gram/ 1 cup
- Butter – 30 gram/ 1/4 cup
- Bananas – 2
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 125 ml/ 1/2 cup
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius/ 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a medium/ large sized bowl combine the butter and sugar.
- Add the milk, vanilla and egg and mix well. Then add the dry ingredients, the flour, baking soda and baking powder. And mix again.
- Peel the banana’s and roughly mash them with a fork. Add the mashed banana’s to the mixture and mix for a few minutes until well combined.
- Put some baking paper in a loaf pan or flat oven proof bowl. Pour the banana bread mixture in it. Bake for about 30 minutes if using a flat form or 45 minutes till an hour for a load form. Use a cake tester to see if the inside is dry. If the tops brown too fast put the oven a bit lower.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool down for a bit. You can use a wire rack for cooling.
- Slice the banana bread in pieces and enjoy.
- Banana Bread with Nuts. Add half a cup of your preferred nuts to the mixture and combine well before baking.
- Banana Bread with other fruits. You can also add pieces of other fruits to your banana bread, think of some apple, blueberries or maybe raisins.
- Banana Bread with crumble. Like to give your banana bread a bit of a special twist? add some crumble on top. You can make the crumble by combining: Flour (160 gram/ 1 cup and 2 tablespoons), Butter (113 gram/ 1/2 cup) and sugar (140 gram/ 2/3 cup). You can also add a bit of cinnamon to your crumble.
- Cinnamon Banana Bread. Add one tablespoon cinnamon to the mixture.