The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy week, but mostly a good one. I did have a few days where I felt a bit off and worried too much and thing didn’t go fully smoothly, but besides that it was a good and productive week. I got a lot of work done this week, some marketing assistant work, got two new cover reveals and a tour open for sign-up and wrapped up two tours that were going on. It was one of those weeks were I didn’t seem to be able to get enough sleep though and I even took a nap on two days. I hope I can get caught up on sleep soon.
I’ve been playing a clicker game called Plantera this week, you run your own garden/ farm and you have to click on things to get money. When you’re not playing your helpers still collect money and with the money you can more plants and animals. It’s very low key and addictive at the same time. Perfect for playing after a long day work or as a small break.
Lats weekend we watched the movie Ratatouille and I ended up writing a whole review about it as I loved the movie! I knew writing something in my Sunday post wouldn’t do it justice. Although it did make me miss our pet rats. It was great to see a movie that displays rats in a positive light.
Picture of the Week
Sorry forgot to take a picture this week 🙁
What did I read this week?
It was a good reading week! I managed to finish four books! Besides those listed above I also finished I Found my Rhino by Erin Hayes, cover isn’t revealed yet, so I haven’t included it above. I had a lot of fun with that one. His to Protect was a good one, a steamy romance and focused on coats guard/ rescue work. I’m Not Afraid of Wolves was a great read with so many twists. Jared was a great ending to the trilogy and I really enjoyed it! I hope to start the spin-off series Wilding pack soon.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Japanese Curry
- Cake with Cinnamon Swirls
- Monday: Sweet Curry with Tofu
- Tuesday: leftover Sweet Curry with Tofu
- Wednesday: Fried Rice
- Thursday: leftover Fried Rice
- Friday: leftoverFried Rice
- Saturday: Couscous with veggies and egg
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Faerie Wrath by Emma L. Adams
– Review: Dating for Decades by Tracy Krimmer
– Lola’s Ramblings: Do you check your spam?
– Reading Challenges 2016: third quarterly recap
– My To-Be Read List #26: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Secret Baby Scandal by Joanne Rock
– Micah by Lee DuCote
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Before I Shatter by Mandy Peterson
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Newborn by Edward Hoornaert – 7 October – New!
– Happily Ever Alpha – 15 October – New!
– Amanda Lester and the Red Spider Rumpus by Paula Berinstein – 18 October
– Book Blitz: Due South Boxed Set by Tracey Alvarez – 26 September till 1 October
– Book Blitz: In the Line of Duty by Carolyn Arnold – 3 till 9 October
– Blog Tour: The Best Part of Me by Jamie Hollins – 10 till 23 October
– Book Blitz: Saven Box Set by Siobhan Davis – 11 till 18 October – New!
Wreck of the Nebula Dream and Lady of the Star Wind were both 0.99$ and I got them with my amazon gift card money. I read one of Veronica her short stories in a sci-fi anthology and was curious to read a full length novel by her. I got a bit of a scare when I saw Goodreads listed Lady of the Star Wind as book 6, but the author said they can be read as standalone and she send me to the reading order on her site. And I got the next oxford Tearoom Mystery book for review! It’s an amazing series and I am really excited to be reading this one now! Oh and the cover is green, which fits my blog design nicely ;).
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them): Legacy (science fiction), The Last Descendant (Fantasy), Sourdough Creek (Historical Romance) and The Medium (Paranormal Historical Romance)