The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy and fun week. Lots of things going on, but mostly good things. there were a few small things that didn’t go as smoothly, but in general this was a great week. I worked on new tours, celebrated Lola’s Blog Tours 3 year anniversary and I got my new star ratings for the blog from Michelle at Limabean Designs.
This week was my 3 year anniversary of Lola’s Blog Tours! I wrote an anniversary post and there are three giveaways going on, one for everyone and two for authors! So please feel free to enter if you’re interested and if you know any authors who might be interested in the author giveaways it would be great if you can let them know about the giveaway. It’s amazing to look back and realize I’ve been doing this for 3 years already.
And I decide to change up how my Review Opportunities are listed on Lola’s Blog Tours. I always listed titles and genre, but I wanted to switch to covers instead and this week I finally did that. It has a completely different feel with the covers now and I like it. What do you think, does it give a better overview of the book this way?
By now we have watched the 3 Jurassic park movies and Jurassic World. This was my first time seeing all of these and I really enjoyed watching them. We’re still watching Star Trek Enterprise as well and are now at season 2.
You may have already have heard of this, but I wanted to let you know the Book Reviewer Yellow Pages is open for submissions for 2017. You can find their post about it here. It’s one of the few lists where I submit my blog always each year and I’ve gotten some review request thanks to it (which I know because some authors specifically mentioned they found my blog there). And since this year they have a separate questionnaire for blog tour organizers as well. So I am curious to see if I will get some traffic from listing Lola’s Blog Tours this year as well.
I got my new star ratings for the blog from Michelle at Limabean Designs. I posted the 5 star rating below. I had enough of the book shaped star ratings and wanted something new and star shaped. So Michelle designed these for me. I am really glad with them. What do you think of them?
Picture of the Week
I made cake with cinnamon swirls last Sunday, it was my first attempt making this recipe, but it turned out perfect. So I made some pictures of the end result and scheduled a post of my recipe. The cake was very soft and the cinnamon swirls added something extra to the cake. It was very good!
What did I read this week?
I finished A Mortal Song last Sunday and already reviewed it this week. How pretty is that cover? Jace was even better than the first book Jackson and I really enjoyed it. I’ll have to read the third and last book in that series soon! Faerie Wrath was another great book in The Changeling Chronicles series.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Mashed Potatoes with sauerkraut and lentils
- Cake with Cinnamon Swirls
- Monday: Curry Rice
- Tuesday: leftover Curry Rice
- Wednesday: Korma
- Thursday: Corn, peas and vegetarian meat substitution in chili sauce
- Friday: leftover Corn, peas and vegetarian meat substitution in chili sauce
- Saturday: Japanese Curry
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Faerie Realm by Emma L Adams
– Review: A Mortal Song by Megan Crewe
– Lola’s Ramblings: How I experience being fluent in two languages
– Lola’s Kitchen: Oreo Creamcheese balls with chocolate
It was so interesting reading everyone’s replies on this week’s ramblings post! I haven’t replied to everyone’s comments yet, but I hope to do so today!
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Prince and the Cyborg by J.M. Page
– Review: The Heir and the Human by Siobhan Davis
– Lola’s Ramblings: What I do when I am very excited about a book
– Review: Jace by Alisa Woods
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Secret Baby Scandal by Joanne Rock
– Micah by Lee DuCote
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Before I Shatter by Mandy Peterson
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Distant Horizon by Stephanie and Isaac Flint – 20 September
– Amanda Lester and the Red Spider Rumpus by Paula Berinstein – 18 October
– Book Blitz: Due South Boxed Set by Tracey Alvarez – 26 September till 1 October
– Book Blitz: In the Line of Duty by Carolyn Arnold – 3 till 9 October
– Blog Tour: The Best Part of Me by Jamie Hollins – 10 till 23 October – New!
I got two new cozies form netgalley this week :). These both sounded very promising and I am glad I got accepted for both of them!
Freebies I grabbed:
I stumbled upon a great selection of free books through instafreebie today. Thanks to an author who linked to it in her newsletter. Here’s the link to the post with all the freebies.
I got: Taken, Anja’s Stars, Peyton’s Myth and All That Glitters. I had seen most of these before and they sounded interesting, so I was really glad to get them this way :).
And besides that I got some freebies from vendor sites as well (they were free when I got them): Gyre (Science Fiction), Protection (Paranormal Romance), Her Alien Savior (Science Fiction Romance) and Chocolate Pomegranate Glaze Murder (Cozy Mystery).