The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was pretty nice, now that I am finally used to the new routine things go a bit more smoothly. It also cooled down a few degrees this week as we got a bit on rain. Still a few meh days, but things are getting better. A new cover reveal went live on Lola’s Blog Tours and I finished up the marketing assistant work for this month.
I got some posts written and scheduled on the blog and feeling good about having gotten some blogging done. Although I think I am going to skip the Lola’s Kitchen posts for a month as I just don’t seem to get around to writing them. I do have a few ideas for posts and even took pictures for a recipe, but I’ll just plan to write them for September as then I hopefully can get ahead again. Luckily I managed to get the Lola’s Advice and Lola’s Ramblings posts for September written, so I am staying ahead with those. I did fall behind on comments again and I hope to catch up today for comments from the past week.
And I got my second 5 star read of the year this week! I am so happy! The book is Pirate Nemesis by Carysa Locke and it’s so good. Very character driven and I already care about all these characters and can’t wait for the next book in the series.
My boyfriend and I started watching Star Trek Enterprise and it’s really good so far. I think this is the newest star trek series but chronologically it’s the first. They don’t have replicators yet and don’t dare transport humans with the transporter yet and lots of things just seem a bit closer to how things are now with how they manually have to open things or use buttons. It’s fun to see how many little details they payed attention to while making this series.
Picture of the Week
I ordered some new spices and they arrived this week yay! We found a pretty good site for ordering spices that’s a lot cheaper than buying things in the supermarket. Like this amount would be three times as pricey in the supermarket. And as I make a lot of curries, this really makes a big difference. I can probably do about half a year or a year with these. The spices shown are two different curry powder mixes, cardamon, cloves, mustard powder, cinnamon powder, paprika powder, cayenne pepper, whole wheat couscous and almond paste (which tastes really good). Which spices do you use most often while cooking?
What did I read this week?
My sci-fi romance mood was going strong this week! I really enjoyed Romancing the Stars as it gave me a good idea of what kind of sci-fi romances are out there and I liked reading short stories by different authors. The Heir and the Human was really good, a great addition to the series. And Pirate Nemesis is my second 5 star read of the year, I loved it! It’s a wonderful character driven book.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Couscous with veggies and egg
- Monday: Cajun pasta
- Tuesday: leftover Cajun pasta
- Wednesday: Fried Rice
- Thursday: leftover Fried Rice
- Friday: leftover Fried Rice
- Saturday: Spring Rolls
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Till Death Do Us Tart by H.Y. Hanna
– Lola’s Ramblings: Can You Enjoy a Book if you don’t like the main character?
– Lola’s Kitchen: top five late night snacks
– Review: Pancakes of Wrath by Sarah Fox
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Lola’s Advice: How to use reviews to promote your book
– Review: Jaxson by Alisa Wood
– Review: Pirate Nemesis by Carysa Locke
– My To-Be Read List #24: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas
– Dominic’s Nemesis by D. Alyce Domain
– Secret Baby Scandal by Joanne Rock
– Micah by Lee DuCote
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Before I Shatter by Mandy Peterson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Winell Road by Kate Foster – 12 August – New!
– Book Blitz: Sacrifice by Carolyn Arnold – 31 July till 6 August
– Blog Tour: A Cunning Plan by Astrid Arditi – 1 till 14 August
– Blog Tour: The Dragon Sphere by Abel Gallardo – 8 till 21 August
I bought Blood Surfer with won amazon gift card money. Saven Defiance is one I got for review.