The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was better than the previous one, but still not fully smooth. There were some issues that popped up and I had to deal with, don’t want to go into much details, but they ate up some of my time and it was just frustrating. And I am still not used to the new routine, I have trouble getting out of bed in the mornings and still feel a bit out of it during the day. Really why is it so hard to adjust to a new routine?
And I keep getting behind with comments which really makes me sad. Let’s hope next week is better, I try and keep my upcoming weeks a bit empty so I have time to catch up and I have two more beta reads lined up for later this month or the next, so I want to make sure I stay ahead with reviews.
Picture of the Week
I regularly buy this french bread from our supermarket. You only have to pop it 10 minutes in the oven and it’s ready to eat. The neat thing is that it’s already pre-sliced and has butter with herbs on it already. Google translate says it’s called garlic butter, but that’s not right as we also have garlic butter here and I prefer the ones with the herb butter.
What did I read this week?
And yes I only finished one book this week, not really impressive. It was a fun one, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I hoped. It did make me crave pancakes and I forgot to buy them while grocery shopping. I am almost finished with one of my current read and halfway through the other, so i still did get some reading done, just not as much as I hoped. I am currently beta reading a YA Contemporary Romance book and while it’s not a genre I usually read I am really enjoyed this one. Can’t say much else as the book isn’t on goodreads yet. Due to me difficulties adapting to the new routine I haven’t had as much time to read in the evenings, so my evening book progress has been slow going. My ipad books progress has been nicely though and am already over halfway through my current ipad read.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Lukewarm Couscous Salad
- Monday: Indian Cauliflower Mash with wraps
- Crumb Cake
- Tuesday: leftover Indian Cauliflower Mash with wraps
- Wednesday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Thursday: leftover sweet Tofu Curry
- Friday: Chinese tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Japanese Curry
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Pirate Bound by Carysa Locke
– Review: Baking is Murder by Kathy Cranston
– Lola’s Ramblings: Trigger Warnings
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Indestructible by Emma L Adams
– Saven: Deception by Siobhan Davis
– Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas
– Dominic’s Nemesis by D. Alyce Domain
– Secret Baby Scandal by Joanne Rock
– Micah by Lee DuCote
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Blog Tour: Amanda Lester and the Pink Sugar Conspiracy by Paula Berinstein – 18 till 31 July
– Blog Tour: Iron Goddess by Dharma Kelleher – 18 till 31 July
– Book Blitz: Sacrifice by Carolyn Arnold – 31 July till 6 August
– Blog Tour: A Cunning Plan by Astrid Arditi – 1 till 14 August
– Blog Tour: The Dragon Sphere by Abel Gallardo – 8 till 21 August
I got Wild Magic and How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis with amazon gift card money. I already own the whole Wilding pack series so I decided to grab this latest one as well while it’s 0.99$. How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis I bought because it was only 0.99$ and I saw an author recommend it in an author group I am part of, now I have no plans to write a book, but the two authors for whom I do some marketing assistant work sometimes ask me for feedback about their synopsis and I think knowing a bit more about writing synopsis could come in handy. Also I am trying to read a non-fiction book now and then, so this seemed as good a reason as any to pick it up.