The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy week, but in the good sense. I had five cover reveals this week, one every weekday. So I spent a lot of time each day on that, I love cover reveals and it’s great to see the cover popping up everywhere on the cover reveal day. Next to that two new cover reveal sign-up posts went live. And I’ve been working on the sign-up post for a blog tour too, even though that won’t go live till next month.
On friday my mom picked me up and we went to visit my sister, who had recently moved to a new house. I hadn’t seen her house yet so it was fun to see her new house, it looked quite cozy and was a great house for her and her boyfriend. Then we walked to the city centre, which was only a short walk from her house and had a great lunch in a small and cozy bagel shop. My mom had a bagel with egg salad and my sister and I both went for the Cinnamon Sinner, a cinnamon and raising bagels with molten butter and cinnamon sugar. It was delicious! Then we bought three muffins there as well and walked back to my sisters house were we ate the muffins and drank some tea. It was a fun day and I enjoyed catching up with my mom and sister.
I heard from another blogger that replies to her comments on my blog went to her spam folder. If you comment on my blog I always try to reply, if you don’t receive an e-mail, please check your spam folder as it might land in there.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
I made these last sunday. They are rose shaped puff pastry with apple and cinnamon and some lemon. They tasted really good, but where a pain to shape well as the apple pieces easily broke when rolling up the dough. So after three or four that sort of looked like roses I gave up and just put some apple on the rest of the puff pastry and folded it together.
I made time to do some colouring this week and this is the page I finished this week. It’s from the Swirls and Curls colouring book by jenna Lyn Field. I am enjoying this colouring book so far. I first started with the red center and the green leaves and then eventually decided to go with a different main colour for each type of leaf so red, green, blue and yellow. I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Japanese Curry
- Extra: rose shaped puff pastry with apple
- Monday: Indian Cauliflower Mash
- Tuesday: leftover Indian Cauliflower Mash
- Wednesday: Tomato pasta sauce
- Thursday: leftover Tomato pasta sauce with pizza wraps
- Extra: Lemon Bars
- Friday: leftover Tomato pasta sauce with french bread
- Saturday: Lemon risotto with spinach and red bell pepper
This week I blogged about:
– Review: A Scone to Die for by H.Y. Hanna
– Review: Truths we Tell by Brenda St. John Brown
– Lola’s Ramblings: How Expectations can Influence your enjoyment of a book
– Cover Reveal: Saven Disclosure by Siobhan Davis
– Lola’s Kitchen: Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
– Review: His Kind of Cowboy by Karen Rock
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Tea with Milk and Murder by H.Y. Hanna
– Review: Happily Ever After by Jen Meyers
– Review: Amanda Lester and the Purple Rainbow Puzzle by Paula Berinstein
– Cover Reveal: The Daydreamer Detective by SJ Pajonas
– Lola’s Ramblings: What do you Remember about a Book?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Lasagna Recipe
– Review: By Book or by Crook by Eva Gates
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Maisy and the Mystery Manor by Elizabeth Woodrum
– Indestructible by Emma L Adams
– Saven: Deception by Siobhan Davis
– Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas
– Buried and Forgotten by CJ Carmichael
– Dominic’s Nemesis by D. Alyce Domain
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– The Daydreamer Detective by SJ Pajonas – February 25
– Amanda Lester and the Blue Peacocks’ Secret by Paula Berinstein – March 14 – New!
– She laughs in Pink by Jessica Calla – March 15 – New!
None open for sign-up at the moment
No new books this week! Don’t worry it’s an exception ;). I did request 3 books on netgalley this week and wished for another, so next week I probably will have some new books.