The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week has it’s up and downs. I had a few bad days where I missed the rats very badly, but also some good moments. It was a busy week and I worked on some new tours this week and business is going good this week again, so that makes me happy. The slower weeks always get to me, so I am happy to be organizing new tours again. This week 2 new cover reveal and 3 book blitzes went live and I feel like I am back in the work flow again. It did make for some busy days, but the good kind of busy. I also planned an ad for Lola’s Blog Tours on a blog for October, I hadn’t done one in a while and I noticed a blog I visit regulary offered ad space, so I decided to book an ad there.
Friday was my boyfriend his birthday I made cinnamon sugar twisters and brownies for him and got some extra yummy food while grocery shopping. And I bought a game for him on steam. On saturday his parents visited and they had brought corn dogs. They also made some vegetarian ones, which was nice of them. The dough was pretty well done, I always thought corn dogs were cripsy, but the dough was pretty soft. Although I am not a fan of vegatrian saucages in general, they had one type I liked, but I don’t think they sell it anymore.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
I finished one of the colourings in my new colouring book. It’s the mandala colouring book I got for my birthday last week. I decided to go with red, pink and purple colours for this one and am really happy with the end results. There were a few small mistakes I made when it came to choosing colours at first, so I know to be more carefull with deciding next time, but it still turned out very nice. This one took me about 3-4 hours to colour as the colourings are all pretty large.
This is one of the brand instant noodles I sometimes buy. I sometimes eat them as lunch or as evenign snack when I am hungry. My favourite flavour is this saté flavour. Like the brand name says these are good noodles, they aren’t perfect, but they are affordable and the taste is good.
My boyfriend bought this ice cream for me this week. One of my favourite flavours, it’s very cinnamony flavoured and has small pieces of cinnamon flavoured rolls in them. Do you like Ben and Jerry’s ice cream? What’s your favourite flavour?
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: storebrought salads
- Monday: Storebrought pizza
- Tuesday: Veggies in peanut sauce
- Wednesday: leftover Veggies in peanut sauce
- Thursday: Mashed Potatoes and curry sauce with red bell pepper and vega minced meat
- Extra: Cinnamon Sugar Puff Pastry Twisters
- Friday: leftover cMashed Potatoes and curry sauce with red bell pepper and vega minced meat
- Extra: Brownies
- Saturday: Spring Rolls
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Destiny Rising (True Calling #3) by Siobhan Davis
– Review: Daemons in the Mist (The Marked Ones #1) by Alicia Kat Vancil
– Lola’s Ramblings: Does it Matter in Which Language you Read a Book?
– Coyer 2015: recap post
– My To-Be Read List #13: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Duality Bridge (Singularity #2) by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Review: The Storm Behind Your Eyes (The Marked Ones #2) by Alicia Kat Vancil
– Lola’s Ramblings: What Makes for a Good Cover?
– Lola’s Kitchen: French Bread Pizza Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #13: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Review Opportunity: The Other Side of Summer by Elyse Douglas
– Review Opportunity: The Case and Hard Case by Marc Hirsch
– Review Opportunity: Love Spell by Mia Kerick
– Review Opportunity: Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2) by Kelsey Ketch
– Review Opportunity: The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King
– Review Opportunity: 3volve and The Shadow of Loss by Josefina Gutierrez
– Book Blitz: The Bro Code by Jacqueline Patricks – runs from 6 till 12 September
– Book Blitz: Best Friends… Forever? by Krysten Lindsay Hager – runs from 14 till 20 September
– Book Blitz: The Grave Winner by Lindsey R. Loucks – runs from 15 till 21 September
– Book Blitz: Maiden of Secrets by Paul Neslusan – runs from 1 till 7 October – New!
– Book Blitz: Live by Gillian Zane – runs from 13 till 19 October – New!
– Book Blitz: Sonar the Cyclone by B Truly – runs from 30 november till 4 december – New!
Flipped For Murder
by Maddie Day
Source: for review through netgalley
You can find Flipped for Murder on Goodreads
In this freshly baked series, author Maddie Day lifts the lid on a small town in southern Indiana, where a newcomer is cooking up a new start–until a murderer muddles the recipe…
Nursing a broken heart, Robbie Jordan is trading in her life on the West Coast for the rolling hills of southern Indiana. After paying a visit to her Aunt Adele, she fell in love with the tiny town of South Lick. And when she spots a For Sale sign on a rundown country store, she decides to snap it up and put her skills as a cook and a carpenter to use. Everyone in town shows up for the grand re-opening of Pans ‘n Pancakes, but when the mayor’s disagreeable assistant is found dead, Robbie realizes that not all press is good press. With all eyes on her, she’ll have to summon her puzzle-solving skills to clear her name, unscramble the town’s darkest secrets, and track down a cold-blooded killer–before she’s the next to die…