The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was still busy, but also fun. I made a headstart with May’s Marketing Assistant work and had a lot of fun with one of the tasks for this month. I realized I have more knowledge about setting up a self-hosted wordpress site than I expected and it went pretty seamless.
There was one new review opportunity open at Lola’s Blog Tours this week and I’ve been busy working on another tour and communicating with some authors. This week was also the start of a new tour and it’s always fun when a tour starts.
I tweaked one of my pages on Lola’s Blog Tours a bit, the Current and open Tours now has the review opportunities sorted on age category and the genre is listed as well, so reviewers can more eaisly see if there is a book that appeals to them. I like the change and kept trying out different ways to display both the age categories and genres, but eventually settled with this. Sorting them on age category, then listing all the book in that age category and the genre below it. Let me know what you think of this!
Concerning listing all the open tours during my sunday post, for now I decided to keep listing them all and mention New behind the tour that went open for sign-up this week. Thanks for everyone who provided feedback. Beside that I am considering whether to add age category and genre here as well, but that might make it too large and I don’t want that.
Oh and we got a letter that our rent will be upped starting July 1, which ofcourse got me worrying about money issues again. Ugh like we don’t pay enough rent already. On the other hand April has been one of the best month’s so far for Lola’s Blog Tours, so I am keeping hope I can actually do this and pay the rent myself eventually.
Monday we noticed that Smarties had an abcess, we gave her some painkillers and put her in a warm bath each day so the abces would burst. The abces finally burst on Thursday. We made sure to clean it well and hopefully she will recover from it well. She seemed in a lot of pain, but I am happy it burst and we got it cleaned. It’s just so hard seeing her in pain and even Snickers was concerned when she heard Smarties in pain. The wound seems to recover nicely, so that’s good. She’s running around like normal again. Although it is obvious the rats are getting a bit older, they are now 2 years old and get a bit more calm and like to cuddle more, which is also a good thing as I love cuddling with them.
Saturday evening we went out for dinner with my Grandma who turned 81. Each year we go to the same restauarant, this year it had a new owner, but the food was still the same. It isn’t really a good restaurant and we had to wait long before we got our food. We got a bit bored and ended up drawing on your paper placemats. I think my grandma had fun, so that’s good.
My mom and her husband visited as well and they brought us a new vacuum cleaner, yay! The old one was falling apart at the seams, literally, so we’re happy to have a new one. the new vacuum cleaner looks pretty cool. I might post a picture next week.
I am joining the Mini Blog Ahead which takes place in the first two weeks of May. I started this month with 36 scheduled posts and hope to get at least to 40 scheduled posts at the end of this challenge. The goal is to end the challenge with 14 more scheduled posts than you started, but I don’t think I get that many done, so I am aiming to ending with 6 posts more. I actually wrote some Lola’s Ramblings and Lola’s Kitchen posts end April, so that just makes this challenge more difficult lol. I have three more Lola’s Kitchen posts I have to write and alreayd have pictures for, so I am hoping to get those written and a few Lola’s ramblings post ideas, but I am not really feeling any of those right now.
Post I’ve written so far:
none :(. Not a good start, but hopefully I’ll make up for it later this week.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Spring rolls – recipe post in July
- Monday: Leftover Spring rolls
- Extra: Apple Crumble
- Tuesday: Risottto with pumpkin and corn
- Extra: Brownies
- Wednesday: Leftover risotto
- Thursday: Cajun Pasta
- Friday: Leftover Cajun pasta
- Saturday: dinner with my grandma at chinese restaurant
I am so used to cooking for four people that we have enough food for two days now usually. It’s great! I love cooking for two days as that means I don’t have to cook on some days, which means more time for other things, like work.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
Sorry didn’t get around to taking any pictures this week 🙁
This week I blogged about:
– Review: One Good Cowboy by Catherine Mann
– Review: Dragons are People Too
– Blog Tour: Runaway Brides by Catherine Mann and Joanne Rock – review of book #0.5 and #1
– Lola’s ramblings: Settings in Books Part Two
– Lola’s Kitchen: Potatoes and Peas Curry Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #9: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Blog Tour: Suspected by Rori Shay
– Cover Reveal: Mail-Order Groom
– Lola’s Ramblings: Why is it so Difficult to Choose a Favourite Book?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Spiced Pointed Cabbage Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #9: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cross Roads by Donald Wilson II – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Last House Burning by Katy Scott – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Mending Michael (Hunter Hill University #2) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: True Calling (True Calling #1) by Siobhan Davis – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Nights Under the Tennessee Stars by Joanne Rock – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Ghostcrow: A Tale of Andor by M.K. Theodoratus – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cutlass and Flintlock by Ashley Nixon – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Wraith of Carter’s Mill by C Evenfall– sign-ups open till further notice – New!
– Blog Tour: Regina Shen by Lance Erlick – sign-up open till 17 May
– Book Blitz: Love Overcomes by Angela Schroeder – sign-ups open till 18 May
– Blog Tour: All for Love by Susanne Matthews– sign-ups open till 25 May
– Blog Tour: The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King – sign-ups open till 30 June – New!
– Book Blitz: 3volve by Josefina Gutierrez– sign-ups open till July 5
I didn’t got any new books this week.