The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Whew this was a full and busy week that didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped. Last Sunday the clocks here went an hour back, which meant more time, but it always takes a few days to get used to the time change. It was a pretty busy week in terms of work. I put two new sign-up posts live, then on Monday I had three torus I organized start and a media kit for next weeks tour that had to go out. As it was the last month of the week I had to wrap up the assistant work for my authors for this month and make a start on the new month’s work.
Then on Thursday I woke up with a bad headache. I even took a nap, but the whole day felt off and I wasn’t as productive. I’ve been feeling a bit tired ever since. Friday I felt a bit better, but it still didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped, although at least I got the most important things done, it still felt like I was running behind on quite some things too. I got catch up on most of it Saturday, but still didn’t get as much done as I had hoped those last few days.
We finished watching season one of the Magicians and decided to stop the series. It had a great premise and the magic was pretty cool, but it ended up having lots of gore, in unexpected weird ways. And dramatic and heavy topics thrown in and it felt mostly for shock value. Everything got touched upon shortly with a shocking scene and then was basically forgotten or quickly wrapped up. We had hoped for something more light hearted and focus on the magic. Not enough magic and too much drama and shock value scenes. I sadly can’t recommend it.
On the bright side we watched the movie Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle this weekend, which was a great movie and quite funny too. I would definitely recommend that one if you’re looking for a fun adventure/ LitRPG movie. I alos did do some good reading this week and finished 3 great books. And I won an Amazon Gift Card, which I was really happy about and bought a few new books with it already.
October Reading Stats
- Amount of Books Read: 12 (2 more than September)
- Genres: 3 Fantasy Romances, 3 Paranormal Romances, 2 Contemporary Romances, 1 Fantasy, 1 Science Fiction Romance, 1 Cozy Mystery and 1 Paranormal Cozy Mystery
- Favorite Book: The Horse Mistress Book 2 by R.A. Steffan
- Ratings: 8 books got a 4 star rating, 3 books got a 3 star rating and one DNF.
- Age Category: 9 Adult, 2 Young Adult and 1 new adult
- Book Length: 10 full length books and 2 novellas
- Source: 5 books I bought, 4 books I got for review and 3 books I bought and 3 books I won
- New to me Authors: 4 new to me authors: Rebecca Ethington, R.A. Steffan, Dahlia Donovan and Dionne Lister
- Publisher: 9 books were self published books, 1 was published by Riptide, 1 by Dreamspinner and 1 by Hot Tree Publishing
- Type of Romance: 4 books had a FM romance, 4 books had a MM romance, 2 books had a RH (Reverse Harem) romance and 3 Polyamory
- Romance focus: 6 books had romance as the main focus, 3 books had romance as a side plot line and 3 had only a hint of romance
- Point of View: 4 books had dual point of view, 5 female, 2 Male point of view and 1 multiple point of views
6 books took place in the USA, 4 books took place in a fantasy world and 2 took place in the UK
I thought last month was a great reading month, but I read even more this month with 12 books. I landed in a mild slump after all the for review books i rea dlast month and I read more non review books this month.
What did I read this week?
It was a great reading week and it’s always nice when I have some good reads especially when I have a busy week. The Horse Mistress Book 3 was great and I started book 4 right after it on my ipad and it was a great ending to this part of the series. Witchnapped in Westerham was a fun paranormal cozy mystery series and I enjoyed it a lot and already bought the next two books.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Surreal Estate by Jessi Lea Ryan
– Review: The Horse Mistress Book 1 by R.A. Steffan
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts
– Love & Alliances by Davina Lacey
– The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
– The Beast of Black Pond by Nancy Gray
– Building Your Empowered Steps by LM Preston – New!
– Behesians by Isaiyan Morrison – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals open for sign-up at the moments
– Book Blitz: The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger by Marianne Hansen – 5 till 11 November
I bought Wayward Saint as I really liked the sound of that one. And the two witch books I bought after I finished the first book in the series. I bought the Lion Mistress box set and The Vampire Knitting Club with my won Amazon Gift card.