The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week just felt a bit off. Not even fully sure why, but it just didn’t go as smoothly. There is some maintenance work they were doing on our apartment building outside, the noise wasn’t too loud, but hearing that sound throughout the whole day is pretty disruptive. And I had some less good nights of sleep too. I also struggled a bit to really get into the books I was reading after I finished The Horse Mistress Book 2. Or like I seemed to enjoy the books less because of my off feeling mood, who knows? I did mange to finish 3 books this week. I also had a pretty bad headache one day and didn’t get much done that day.
It was a pretty decent week in terms of work tough. I send out a media kit for the tour next week and I have a few more media kits to finish up that have to go out early next week. And I did some hours of assistant work.
The weather stayed pretty warm most of the week and it felt more like the end of summer than fall, but it’s cooling down a bit again this weekend and feeling more like fall.
What did I read this week?
The Horse Mistress Book 2 was even better than book 1, I love the romance between the characters and seeing how they handle everything. Dire Wolf Wanted was another great book in this series, although the pacing was a bit off at times, I liked the characters and the romance and there’s some fascinating parts about the culture and such of the people of one of the main characters. Dead in the Garden was a fun and cute cozy mystery. The mystery has a bit of an unique feel which I liked, but failed to fully keep my attention at times.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Three Mages and a Margarita by Annette Marie
– Review: Dire Wolf Wanted by Carol Van Natta
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Death Island by Kelsey Ketch
– Passage by Indie Gantz
– Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts
– Love & Alliances by Davina Lacey
– The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
– The Beast of Black Pond by Nancy Gray
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals open for sign-up at the moments
– Book Blitz: All That Matters by Tracy Krimmer – 23 till 24 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Recklessly Ever After by Heather Van Fleet – 29 October till 4 November
– Book Blitz: Hex Marks The Spot by Ani Gonzalez – 29 October till 4 November
– Book Blitz: The Second Chance by Catherine Mann – 29 October till 11 November
– Book Blitz: The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger by Marianne Hansen – 5 till 11 November
I didn’t get any new books this week, now that’s rare, lol.