The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty normal week, which was great for a chance. A few things that had to be done, but mostly it was just a standard week. I finished up this month’s assistant work, I put a new sign-up post live and a tour I organized started this week.
I did some reading and finished two books this week, just in time for their release day and already posted both reviews on my blog on their release days. After that I started a non for review book as I didn’t feel in the right book for my next review book, hopefully after this read I feel like picking it up as I do have a few ARC’s I still need to read with upcoming release days. I bought a new book and requested the next book in a cozy mystery series I am following on Netgalley, so I hope I get approved. We did some gaming as well this week. So all in all it was a pretty good week.
And I perfected a new recipe I came up with, they are chunky cookies with pecan nuts and chocolate, I’ll post the recipe next week, but here’s a picture of the cookies already to give you a taste.
Okay let’s move on to my June reading stats now 🙂
June Reading Stats
This was a pretty decent reading month. I didn’t read a lot, but all the books I read were 4 stars with one exception.
- Amount of Books Read: 7 (3 less than in May)
- Genres: 2 Paranormal Romances, 1 Science Fiction Romance, 1 Fantasy Romance, 1 Paranormal Suspense, 1 Science Fiction and 1 Contemporary Romance
- Favorite Book: Blinded by Teyla Branton
- Ratings: 6 books got a 4 star, 1 books got a 3 star
- Age Category: 4 Adult books and 3 New Adult book
- Book Length: 6 full length books and 1 novella length
- Source: 4 books I got for review and 2 I bought
- New to me Authors: no new to me authors this month
- Publisher: 7 books were self published books
- Type of Romance: 5 books had a FM romance and 2 books had a RH (Reverse Harem) romance
- Romance focus: 4 books had romance as the main focus, 2 books had romance as a side plot line and 1 had only a hint of romance
- Point of View: 1 Female main characters, 3 Dual Point of views and 3 multiple point of views
4 books took place in the USA, 1 Fantasy World and 2 in Space/ other planets
What did I read this week?
Both were 4 star reads and great sequel. I posted my reviews on my blog already this week.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Mermaid’s return by Kellie McAllen
– Lola’s Kitchen: Chunky Cookies with Pecan and Chocolate
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– After All by Laurie Winter
– Death Island by Kelsey Ketch
– Passage by Indie Gantz
– Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts
– Love & Alliances by Davina Lacey
– The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals open for sign-up at the moment.
– Blog Tour: Ullr’s Fangs by Katahrine E. Wibell – 25 June till 15 July
– Blog Tour: Everything Under the Sun by Jessica Redmerski – 30 July till 12 August
– Blog Tour: Emergence by SGD Singh – 30 July till 19 August – New!
– Book Blitz: All That Doesn’t by Tracy Krimmer – 20 till 21 August
I bought this one on release as I really enjoyed this author’s reverse harem books so far. And I started it right after I finished my current read.