The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a good week mostly. I mentioned the last two weeks I felt pretty tired, but luckily this week I felt a lot better. It was a productive week, I did a lot of assistant work and started on the work for my two new authors as well. I also sent out a media kit for next week’s tour and had a bookstagram blitz end and a book blitz start. Some small work focus related changes that I am curious to see how it will all work out in the end.
I finished a jigsaw puzzle this week, one featuring Central Park in New York, it was a fun puzzle to make with lots of different colors and parts. Now I am starting a Christmas cartoon themed one, which has lots of white and green and it’s a pretty tough one so far. I also bought some new puzzles. I baked some cookies again and so far am keeping up with baking one thing every week. I am still having computer troubles sadly, which is very annoying. But besides that it was a pretty good week.
And as January is over I decided to show you some of my January reading stats, I am trying out a slightly different format than last year to see how this works. Let me know what you think of it!
January Reading Stat
- Amount of Books Read: 11
- Genres: 3 Paranormal Romance, 2 Cozy Mystery, 1 Paranormal Suspense, 1 Paranormal Cozy Mystery, 1 Dystopia, 1 Science Fiction Romance, 1 Urban Fantasy and 1 Fantasy Romance
- Favorite Book: The Daydreamer Detective Returns a Favor by SJ Pajonas and Touch of Rain by Teyla Branton
- Ratings: 8 books got a 4 stars and 3 books got a 3 star
- Age Category: 9 Adult, 1 New Adult and 1 Young Adult
- Book Length: 9 full length books and 2 novella’s
- Source: 7 books I got for review and 4 I bought
- New to me Authors: 4 new to me authors: Teyla Branton, Jackie May, Megan Derr and Lidiya Foxglove
- Publisher: 9 self published books, 1 from Kensington and 1 from Less Than Three Press
- Type of Romance: 5 books had a FM romance, 5 had a RH (Reverse Harem) romance and 1 MM Romance
- Romance focus: 5 books had romance as a side plot line, 5 books had romance as the main focus and 1 had only a hint of romance
- Point of View: 10 Female main characters and 1 Dual Point of view
5 book set in the USA, 2 in the UK, 2 in the fictional town Edge, 1 in Japan and 1 in a fantasy world
January was a pretty good reading month, lots of great books and I am doing pretty well with my goals of balancing my review books and reading more RH and MM.
What did I read this week?
Priestess Awakened was a lot of fun Fantasy Romance read. The plot line might seem a bit too much at first, but the author handled the topic very well and I liked how e got to know the characters pretty well and each had their own personality. I am looking forward to book 2. The Bite was one of the best books in this series so far, thigns are heating up and things get revealed and I like the direction things are going. Although I am not a fan of the serial format.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Tomato Pasta Sauce with gnocchi
- Fried Rice with noodles instead of rice
- Mashed Potatoes with Sauerkraut and Lentils
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Mermaid Fins, Wings & Rolling Pins by Erin Johnson
– Review: Touch of Rain by Teyla Branton
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Sweet Hollow Women by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Deck The Malls with Purple Peacocks by Amy Gettinger
– N. N. Light’s Book of Daily Inspiration by N.N. Light
– Modern Persuasion by Sara Marks
– Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Beyond the Moon by R.J. Wood – 12 February
I received The Bite for review and already read the book. Vested Interest was only 99cents and it sounded pretty good, there aren’t many contemporary romance reverse harem books out there yet. So i am curious how this one is.