The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty good week. A bit busy with lots of small things that needed to be done. I had two cover reveals I organized early in the week and the rest of the week was a bit quieter with tour work. So I focused on getting some small things prepared for later (drafted a discount post and e-mail) and did some more assistant work than normal. I sent out four media kits for tours that start next week and I announced my Lola’s Blog Tours Christmas Giveaway!
On Friday my mom stopped by for a visit. And there were some things I got done around the house. A few things got cleaned up and moved around. I am hoping to put the Christmas tree up soon. I also had a decent reading week, I finished two books and my two current reads are pretty good. I do notice I have some trouble making time for non review books, I had a lot of review obligations recently. Which is something I need to keep an eye on as it can be a tad stressing when I take on too many review obligations and have less time for other books. Even though I am really enjoying all my review books.
I also had some things pop up that took more time and I didn’t get much blog commenting done as I had planned. There was a fun black Friday giveaway hop that I stopped by on Friday. I had a bit of a headache on Friday and didn’t get as much done as I had hoped.
Lola’s Blog Tours Christmas Giveaway
I am hosting a Christmas Giveaway on Lola’s Blog Tours! 3 winners will each win a book of their choice from the Bookdepository up to $10! The giveaway ends early December so the books will hopefully still arrive in time for Christmas or close around that time at least. And how awesome is that banner? Michelle from Limabean Designs designed it for me and I love it!
What did I read this week?
A decent reading book. I finished two books and making good progress with my current reads. the two books I finished were both 3 star reads. I didn’t enjoy Blood Oath as much as I had hoped, mostly because it was too dark, grim and bleak for my tastes. but it was well written and had parts I did enjoy, I do think it’s a good book just not full to my taste. His Pregnant Secretary was a nice romance novel, I liked the Christmas theme and setting and seeing more of the three new brothers, but I didn’t care as much about the baby plot line and how some of the conflict was a bit similar to previous books.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Japanese Curry
- Monday: Cajun pasta
- Tuesday: Cajun pasta
- Wednesday: Broccoli with rice and tofu in peanut sauce
- Thursday: Broccoli with rice and tofu in peanut sauce
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Mashed potatoes with Sauerkraut and Lentils
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Another One Bites the Crust by HY Hanna
– Review: The Release by Athena Grayson
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
– Snowbound with an Heiress by Jennifer Faye
– The Breakup Support Group by Cheyanne Young
– Sweet Hollow Women by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Review Opportunity: Deck The Malls with Purple Peacocks by Amy Gettinger
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Something Just Like This by Tracy Krimmer – 20 November
– Rescuing Prince Charming by Edward Hoornaert – 21 November
– The Lost Savior by Siobhan Davis – 27 November
– We Have a few good memories, don’t we? by Katie Lewington – 5 December – New!
– Burning Westchester by H.L. Roberts – 8 December
– Rogue by S.A. Stephenson – 13 till 19 November
– Book Blitz: Rescuing Prince Charming by Edward Hoornaert – 28 November till 11 December
– Book Blitz: There be Demons by MK Theodatus – 1 till 14 December
– Blog Tour: True Horizon by Laurie Winter – 1 till 14 December
– Book Blitz: Deck the Malls With Purple Peacocks by Amy Gettinger – 7 till 20 December
– Blog Tour: Dying for Space by S.J. Higbee – 14 till 31 December
I couldn’t resist getting Mermaid Fins, Winds & Rolling Pins when I noticed it wa sonly 99c, even though I haven’t read the first two books yet. This series just sounds so fun and I hope I can read book 1 soon. The blurb of Touch of Rain caught my attention and for only 99c I decided to pick up a copy. Fated Stars was on my wishlist since it was released, I really enjoy Veronica Scott’s empath stories so far, so I bought a copy as soon as I could. Inseparable I got for review and I am really curious about this standalone contemporary romance.