The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was a bit of a meh week. We had a change in routine due to a change in my boyfriend’s work and changes like that always take some getting used to. I had a few off days, but also some good ones. I hope next week goes a bit more smoothly. There were some good things that happened as well luckily.
I did get a bunch of work done. I had three tours run this week, sent out two media kits for next week and put a new cover reveal sign-up post live. I am almost done with this month’s assistant work. So I still got a lot done, although because of my off mood it didn’t feel as productive somehow.
I tried out overnight oats for the first time and turned out pretty good, have to tweak the recipe a bit more, but it’s a good start. I also made a noodle soup with vegetables based on a recipe I came up with, which turned out great. I have another new to try recipe planned for next week.
I finished one book this week, Magic of the Void, which was a fun read, but I had some issues with it as well. I am almost done with Shift of Shadow and Soul, it’s great and making good progress with Christmas on Cade Ranch. I got a few new books again this week and have my next few books all planned out so I can review them all on time.
Great 99c deal!
I already read four of the stories that are part of this box set and all of those were four star reads. The books I read are Fantasy of Frost by Kelly St. Clare, Sanctuary by Melle Amade, True Calling by Siobhan Davis and How to Talk to Ghost by Erin Hayes. If only for those books I would already recommend this box set and for $0.99 for 26 novels, this is a great deal! I am currently reading another book that’s part of this box set, Shift of Soul and Shadows and hope to be able to read some others soon.
You can my review for Marked by Fate here. I added the summaries from my review for the books I already read.
What did I read this week?
Magic of the Void was a fun read, but I also had a bunch of smaller issues which prevented me form really enjoying the book. There were a bunch of cliché things, I never fully warmed up to the main character or felt the romance and the writing felt a bit off at times. But the plot was good and I am curious about book two.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Spiced Pointed Cabbage with baked tofu and cashews
- Monday: Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Tuesday: Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Wednesday: Pumpkin Curry with tofu and lentils instead of pumpkin
- Thursday: Pumpkin Curry with tofu and lentils instead of pumpkin
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Noodle Soup with vegetables
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Masking for Trouble by Diane Vallere
– Review: Night Spots by Tori Knightwood
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
– Snowbound with an Heiress by Jennifer Faye
– The Breakup Support Group by Cheyanne Young>
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Bookstagram Blitz: The Right Kind of Reckless by Heather Van Fleet – 31 October till 6 November
– Book Blitz: Forsaken Prince by Andrea Pearson – 8 till 10 November
– Book Blitz: Moto Maddie BMX Portal series by Kat de Falla – 6 till 19 November
– Rogue by S.A. Stephenson – 13 till 19 November
– Book Blitz: There be Demons by MK Theodatus – 1 till 14 December
– Blog Tour: True Horizon by Laurie Winter – 1 till 14 December
I also got the next book in SJ Pajonas’s Hikoboshi series and I can’t wait to read that one! Christmas at the Candied Apple Café and Any Way You Slice it I got through Netgalley. Marked by fate, Saving Eira and Dead Down Under I bought.