The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty busy week. Just like last week I felt a bit off for part of this week and on Tuesday my tiredness caught up with me and I ended up taking a nap as I couldn’t focus at all. I also had to deal with two headaches, but besides that it was a pretty good week.
I worked on a new book blitz and review opportunity for author Jennifer Faye and both events are live now. I have another review opportunity to work on next that should be live next week. I also had a book blitz and a bookstagram blitz run this week. I finished up this month’s assistant work and even made a start on next month’s work already.
And I am almost finished with Pets in Space 2, it’s a great read, but after reading the same book for 3 weeks I really want to start a new book. Even though in fact it contains 12 stories, it still feels weird to read the same book and genre for so long. I got a new ARC this week for Strike Out by Jordan Ford and hope to dive into that next.
September Reading Stats
It’s the first day of October today, so let me share what I read in September. I didn’t read as many books this months as for a big part of the month I was reading Pets in Space 2.
- Amount of books read: 7 (5 less than in August)
- Favorite book: The Release by Athena Grayson – loved it!
- Most read genres: Urban Fantasy, Science Fiction and Paranormal Romance (2 books in each genre)
- Most read age category: Adult (5 books)
- Authors I read most books from: Tori Knightwood (I read 2 books by her)
- New to me authors: Only 1, Tori Knightwood
A few more stats. This month I read 4 self published books and 3 from publishers (1 from HarperCollins, 1 from Tule Publishing and 1 from Random House). I read 4 different genres this month, 2 Science Fiction, 2 Contemporary Romance, 2 Paranormal Romances and 1 Urban Fantasy. 5 of the book were full length and 2 novella’s. I had one 5 star read this month, four 4 star reads and two 3 star reads. 2 of the books I read were books I received for review, 3 were books that I bought and 2 were free.
I read one book in hardcopy format this month, Rituals. The other 6 were ebooks that, 3 of those I read on my kobo and 3 I read on my ipad. I read 3 books that took place in the US this month, 2 in Kenya and 2 in space. .
I didn’t read any standalones this month, I read 1 series starters. I read 3 books were romance was a side plot and 4 books with romance as the main focus.
What did I read this week?
As I am still reading Pets in Space I managed to finish only one book this week, A Chance this Christmas. It was a great Christmas themed romance book and I really enjoyed it.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Wraps with sweet potato mash, spinach and veggie nuggets
- Monday: Curry Leek
- Tuesday: Curry Leek
- Wednesday: Pumpkin Curry without pumpkin and with lentils and tofu instead
- Thursday: Pumpkin Curry without pumpkin and with lentils and tofu instead
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Hot Lightning
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Snare by Athena Grayson
– Review: A Chance this Christmas by Joanne Rock
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
– Snowbound with an Heiress by Jennifer Faye – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Making it Complicated by Clarisse David – 9 October
– Book Blitz: Always With You by Hannah Ellis – 3 till 9 October
– Blog Tour: Running Out of Space by S.J. Higbee – 11 till 31 October
– Book Blitz: Forsake by Andrea Pearson – 19 October
– Book Blitz: A Moment at Christmas by Jennifer Faye – 19 till 25 October – New!
– Bookstagram Blitz: Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis – 23 till 29 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: The Right Kind of Reckless by Heather Van Fleet – 31 October till 6 November
I only got one book this week, a review copy of Strike Out. I really enjoyed book 1, so I can’t wait to start this one.