The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty good week. I was busy with work and put three sign-up posts live on Lola’s Blog Tours, two new bookstagram blitzes and a blog tour. I sent out a media kit for a tour starting next week. I also did a bit more preparation for Lola’s Blog Tours 4 year anniversary which is next week. And I made a good start on this month’s assistant work.
I am almost done with another jigsaw puzzle and bought two new puzzles with some birthday money. I also won an Amazon Gift card this week, which was a lovely surprise on a busy day. Yay! We seem to slowly be getting some colder weather here, the temperatures are dropping and we had some rain this week as well.
I am having a slightly off reading mood this week. I am enjoying my books, but for some reason keep picking up these small things that bother me. It’s like I am not enjoying the books as much as I would like to because of that. I hope it doesn’t turn into a reading slump. I wanted to buy some new books with my gift card money, but nothing really caught my eye, so I only bought one book and saved the rets for later.
Due to being busy with work I haven’t had as much time to blog, so my apologies if I haven’t had the chance to comment back as much as normal. I do try to keep up with replies at least and comment back where possible.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week.
What did I read this week?
The Catch was really good and I am currently reading the last book in this series. Chasing Christmas Eve was another good read in that series and I enjoyed it, but I had some small issues too.
August Reading Stats
It’s time for my August reading Stats. I know I am a week late, but somehow I totally forgot to do my stats in lats week’s Sunday post. August was a great month for reading. I read a lot of books and most of them good ones, although I had one DNF.
- Amount of books read: 12 (same amount as in July)
- Favorite book: Dances Under the Harvest Moon by Joanne Rock (The Chase and The Snare by Athena Grayson are close seconds)
- Most read genres: Contemporary Romance (4 books)
- Most read age category: Adult (9 books)
- Authors I read most books from: Joanne Rock and Athena Grayson (I read 2 books by both)
- New to me authors: Only 1 Nic saint, which was the book I DNF’d
A few more stats. This month I read 9 self published books and 3 from publishers (1 from HarperCollins, 1 from Tule Publishing and 1 from Kensington). I read 5 different genres this month, 4 Contemporary Romances, 3 Cozy Mysteries, 3 Science Fiction Book, 1 Science Fiction Romance and 1 Fantasy. 11 of the book were full length and 1 was a novella. I read 9 books that got a 4 star rating, 2 books that got a 3 stars and 1 DNF. 7 of the books I read were books I received for review, 3 were books that I bought, 1 book I won in a giveaway and 1 was a free gift from the author.
I read one book in paperback format this month, Dances Under the Harvest Moon. The other 11 were ebooks that, 2 of those I read on my kobo and 9 I read on my ipad. I read 6 books written in 1st point of view and 6 in third person point of view. I read only 5 books that took place in the US this month, 1 that took place in a Fantasy world, 1 book was set on another planet, 3 mostly in space, 1 in the UK (Witch Chocolate Bites) and one in Ireland (The Irish Getaway).
I didn’t read any standalones this month, I read 4 series starters and one book in a series with no reading order. I read about humans, witches, psypaths, a cyrborgs and aliens this month as main characters this month. I read 5 books were romance was a side plot, one book without romance, one with only a hint of romance and 5 books with romance as the main focus.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Onion pie
- Monday: Shepherd’s Pie
- Tuesday: Shepherd’s Pie
- Wednesday: Curry Rice
- Thursday: Curry Rice
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Mapo Tofu
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Danger in the Stars by Veronica Scott
– Review: The Chase by Athena Grayson
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Making it Complicated by Clarisse David – 9 October
– Book Blitz: Once in a Lifetime by Kathryn R. Biel – 11 till 24 September
– Book Blitz: Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares – 18 till 24 September
– Bookstagram Blitz: Saven Series Box Set by Siobhan Davis – 26 September till 2 October – New!
– Book Blitz: Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer – 27 September till 3 October
– Book Blitz: Always With You by Hannah Ellis – 3 till 9 October
– Running Out of Space by S.J. Higbee – 11 till 31 October – New!
– Bookstagram Blitz: The Right Kind of Reckless by Heather Van Fleet – 31 October till 6 November – New!
I already owned the first book in that Lindsay Buroker series, but as the box set was discounted to only $0.99 for three books and bonuses I had to grab a copy. I heard good things about this series.