The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy and fun week! It was my birthday this week! I didn’t really do anything special on the day itself, just normal stuff and work actually. but the whole week was filled with fun things and gifts. My sister came to visit on Monday and bought me a cake and a birthday present. Then as the week progressed I got some more gifts from friends and family. My boyfriend got me a jigsaw puzzle that I already started puzzling I haven’t puzzled in a while, but suddenly the urge to puzzle struck me. Anyone else that likes doing jigsaw puzzles?
Next week I’ll see my mom. And I am thinking on which books to spend the money I got. Oh and I won a giveaway for bookmarks from one of my favorite authors on Facebook, so that was pretty exciting. I hope they arrive soon :).
I started a spreadsheet to keep track of which book I have for review. So far it only has the books on it that I got this year, but I hope gradually to add the rest too so everything is on there and I can see if I like this way of keeping track of things.
It also was a crazy busy week for Lola’s Blog Tours and I couldn’t be happier about that. As the last few months have been a bit quiet I am so glad to see things get busier again. A lot of tours got booked this week and I am working hard to get all the media kits made and the sign-up posts live.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week.
What did I read this week?
The Irish Getaway was a fun read, it’s an optional extra short novel in this series and it was nice to get a glimpse of some of the upcoming main characters. Danger in the Stars was a great sci-fi romance read and I enjoyed the characters in this one. Dial Meow for Murder was really good! I had a lot of fun reading that one and I am already looking forward to the next book.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Wraps with sweet potatoes, spinach and veggie nuggets
- Monday: Mashed Potatoes with sauerkraut and lentils
- Tuesday: Mashed Potatoes with sauerkraut and lentils
- Wednesday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Thursday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Friday: Bread with veggie burger
- Saturday: Rice with Tofu and Broccoli
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Fantasy of Fire by Kelly St Clare
– Review: Witch Chocolate Bites by HY Hanna
– Review: The Irish Getaway by Siobhan Davis
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Making it Complicated by Clarisse David – 9 October – New!
Curveball I got for review from the author and I’ll probably start this one today as I am so curious about this new series. Sin I bought with the gift card money I got. I hope to be fully caught up with this series before the end of this year.