The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a bit of a meh week, but some good moments as well luckily. It started with a bad headache early in the week and I took most of the day off as I didn’t have as much work anyway. Then later in the week we had a bad night of sleep when a mosquito had invaded our house. Eventually we managed to get it out of the bedroom so we could sleep. I was tired the rest of the week and resorted to taking naps to keep my energy up.
I did manage to read a lot, do a bit of gaming and even a bit of coloring. I also got some work done, a new sign-up post for a cover reveal went live, I worked on a new blitz, I now officially organize bookstagram blitzes and added that to the site (still have to send out an e-mail about it to my author’s list) and I sent out three media kits for events next week.
I made cookies with flax seed egg for the first time. I didn’t want to buy a whole carton of eggs when I only needed one of them this week, so I decided to try a flax egg instead. I wasn’t sure if it would turn out well, but the cookies turned out great, you don’t notice it all that there is no real egg inside. I definitely plan to use flax egg more often instead of egg. Have you ever baked with flax egg?
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week
What did I read this week?
This was a great week for reading. I finished 4 books and all of them were 4 star reads. Fantasy of Fire was another great book in the series and I bought book 4 so I cna read that soon and finish this series. dances Under the Harvest Moon was an awesome read and I was happy to return to Heartache! I have book 4 and 5 already, so I hope to continue the series soon. Witch Chocolate Bites is part of a paranormal cozy mystery series that I am enjoying a lot, this book was no exception, although I did figure out who the murderer was quite early. I read my first book by Athena Grayson earlier this year and ever since then i wanted to try out her already finished series too. The Chase was great! And the world building is so well done. I have book 2 and hope to read it soon.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Pumpkin Curry
- Monday: Tomato Pasta sauce with pasta
- Tuesday: Tomato Pasta sauce with pasta
- Wednesday: Rice with a veggies and veggie meat in soy sauce
- Thursday: Rice with a veggies and veggie meat in soy sauce
- Friday: store bought Salad
- Blueberry Crumble
- Saturday: Lukewarm Couscous Salad
- Lemon Cinnamon Cookies
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Cracked Open by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Lola’s Ramblings: Do you clean out your pile of review books?
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Journey from Skioria by Kandi J Wyatt – 17 August – New!
– Temptation Trials Part 2 by B Truly – 18 August
– Mend Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – 23 August
– The Bride of Glass by Candace Robinson – 24 August
– Book Blitz: The Sullivans Boxed Set Books 1-3 by Bella Andre – 14 till 27 August
– Book Blitz: Sunsets at Seaside by Addison Cole – 23 August till 5 September
I bought Fantasy of Freedom as it’s the last book in this series. I just finished book 3 so I hope to read book 4 soon. I pre-ordered a copy of Rituals and it arrived this week. Sadly this book is a centimeter higher than the other 4 books in the series :(. I can’t wait to read this one and see how this series ends. Touching Infinity I got for review from the author and it’s also part of the Dominion Rising box set which I bought for only $0.99. I’ve been hearing about the Dominion Rising box set for a while now and it had some stories by authors I already knew and some other ones that sound good, so I decided to buy a copy. Ghosts in Glass Houses I got as I supported the book on kindle scout.