The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty decent week. I had a few days that felt a bit off, but also had a lot going on and it got better as the week progressed. The start of the week I was mostly busy with tours that were running, while in the later half of the week some new tour bookings came in. I already put the sign-up post live for one of the new cover reveals that were booked and hope to have a few more new sign-up posts next week. I had some tours that were running this week, so that kept me busy the first half of the week. I had two shorter tours, my first one day book blitz and my first two day book blitz, it was interesting to see how they went. And I had a one week blitz that ran till Thursday.
I have been in a big fantasy and sci-fi mood lately, which is a bit bad timing as lots of my ARC’s with upcoming release dates are contemporary romances and cozy mysteries. I did got a few of my fantasy ARC’s read though and I had a great reading streak so far this month. I had to pick up a contemporary romance ARC this week as the release day was coming up and I am really enjoying it, so maybe my mood will switch now. I also started a contemporary romance on my kobo as well.
Oh and one of my favorite authors used one of my review quotes for some promo graphics which made me really happy. It’s so awesome to see an author using a quote from your review!
I also cleaned out my for review shelf on Goodreads a bit and removed a few books I don’t think I’ll be ever reading and reviewing, so I can get a better overview of which books I still have left that I do plan to read and review. I try and do that once in a while. Every time I do this I find another few books to remove. I also found another netgalley book I don’t plan on reading anymore and submitted feedback for that. Do you ever re-assess your for review pile?
Picture of the Week
This is one of the recent new products I tried. It’s a vegetarian bradwurst/ sausage and it’s really good. I am glad how these vegetarian products keep getting better. I normally buy a vegetarian smoked sausage of this brand, but they only sell that during winter as traditionally in the Netherlands we eat smoked sausage in winter with “Stamppot”. So when it gets summer they suddenly stop selling that one and I had to find an alternative, I bought a spicy sausage last year (which luckily was only a little bit spicy). But then this year I couldn’t find that one either and decided to give this one a try. I really like this one and it’s nice to find another product I like.
What did I read this week?
Sanctuary was a great read, it’s a YA urban fantasy involving shifters. I read two short stories by this author first (Instinct in Marked of Fate Origins and Heritage which you can get for free on the author’s website) and wanted to pick up book 1 next and then realized I already had a copy and started reading it. It was exactly the type of read I was in the mood for. To The Teeth was also really good and I really enjoyed it. It’s a shorter read of around 100 pages, but the pacing was done well and it had a satisfying ending.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Leek in curry sauce
- Monday: Cajun pasta
- Tuesday: Cajun pasta
- Wednesday: Rice with brocoli and tofu
- Thursday: Rice with brocoli and tofu
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Onion Pie
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: To The Teeth by Erin Hayes
– Review: Loving Kalvin by Siobhan Davis
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Amanda Lester Coloring Book by Paula Berinstein and Anna Mogileva – 24 July
– Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis – 26 July
– Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer – 2 August
– Mend Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – 23 August
– – The Bride of Glass by Candace Robinson – 24 August – New!
– Book Blitz: Storm of Hope by Leila Tualla – 1 till 7 August
– Book Blitz: The Sullivans Boxed Set Books 1-3 by Bella Andre – 14 till 27 August
– Book Blitz: Sunsets at Seaside by Addison Cole – 23 August till 5 September
I bought Remnants and Iron Cage both for only $0.99. I almost finished Sanctuary and the noticed these books were discounted and grabbed them, yay! Loving Kalvin and Snow White and the Seven Dwarf Planets were books I got for review.