The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty good week. I got a lot of work done, three new sign-ups went live on Lola’s Blog Tours, two cover reveals took place, I had two tours run as well and sent out some media kits for events for next week. I did have two headaches and am still working on my computer troubles, but I found something that helps and I a few things listed I can still check/ try.
I am still looking for good sci-fi movie recommendations! So let me know about any good sci-fi movies you have watched?
Not much to tell besides that. I am trying to try a new recipe each week to mix thing in our menu up a bit again. I tried a new Buddha bowl recipe with soba noodles and a garlic soy sauce this week that turned out great. For next week I have a green-ish curry on the menu plan. We tried out a new brand of vegetarian meat substitution that turned out well, we had some that tasted a bit like fish sticks this week, which was interesting and pretty good. I also tried out sausage breads from a new to me brand, they were really good, so I am planning to try out more products by them next. And I made lemon muffins with lemon curd last week. The lemon curd turned out great, the muffins tasted good, but they sort of fell apart a bit. So lot’s of trying out new recipes and products lately.
It also was a good week reading wise. After I read Missing I was going to start a review book, but Starflight got my attention when I was putting Missing back on the shelf so I decided to go with that. On my ipad I finished Fantasy of Flight, which was my second 5 star read of the year. Yay! How many 5 stars did you give out this eyar so far?
Then I read a review book His Accidental Heir and am now reading a non-review book the Retreat. I am in a bit of a sci-fi mood it seems. There are 3 or so sci-fi ARC’s for which I am on ARC lists coming up around the next month or so, so that is good timing.
And for the dystopian/ sci-fi fans, I wanted to let you know about a giveaway that’s currently going on during the blog tour for Scandal by Athena Grayson! You can win one of the 2 paperback copies of the book (US Only) or one of the two $10 Amazon Gift cards. I really enjoyed this book! You can read my review of Scandal here. Click on the banner below to be taken to the giveaway.
Picture of the Week
I made this dish yesterday, it’s called mapo tofu. It’s tofu and vegetarian minced meat in a bean type of sauce, it’s really good! I finally wrote and scheduled my recipe post for this dish, so you can read that in July!
What did I read this week?
Fantasy of Flight was amazing, I just wanted to keep reading. My second 5 star book of the year. I decided to take a small break of the series after that. I read His Accidental Heir on my ipad after that, which was a good solid romance. I just started The Retreat, which is another series by the same author as Fantasy of Flight. I finished my evening book Missing, which was really good too and ma now reading Starflight. So another good reading week with 2 book that got a 4 star and even one 5 star.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Japanese Curry
- Lemon muffins with lemon curd
- Monday: Dal Dhokli
- Wednesday: Soba noodles with broccoli and carrots in soy garlic sauce with tofu
- Thursday: Soba noodles with broccoli and carrots in soy garlic sauce with vegetarian
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Mapo Tofu
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Missing by Kelley Armstrong
– Review: Paper Cranes by Jordan Ford
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Book Blitz: All That Glitters by Tracy Krimmer – 19 till 25 June
– Blog Tour: Hold Me Captive …Forever – 26 June till 9 July
– Book Blitz: Freak by Erin Lee – 27 June till 3 July
– Blog Tour: Home Field by Laurie Winter – 30 June till 13 July
– Book Blitz: Your crossroads. Your choice. by EJ Apicello – 3 till 9 July
– Book Blitz: Sketches of My Soul by TC Booth – 3 till 9 July – New!
– Book Blitz: Withhold by Andrea Pearson – 18 July
– Sunsets at Seaside by Addison Cole – 23 August till 5 September – New!
Only one new book this week and it’s one of my most anticipated releases of the year! Crash land on Kurai is a spin-off from SJ Pajonas’s Nogiku series, but it can be read as a standalone as well. SJ Pajonas is one of my favorite authors, so I can’t wait to start reading this one! And I love this cover, it’s so pretty and I think it nicely captures both the sci-fi and Japanese elements. You can download a sample of the book that contains the first four chapters of Crash Land on Kurai from Instafreebie!