The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a fun and busy week. I did a bunch of assistant work and worked on some new tours. A new blitz started last Friday and a new tour is starting today. I put a new sign-up post live for a cover reveal and a blog tour this week. And I also sent out an e-mail to my tour hosts about my new bookstagram blitzes.
On Tuesday we visited a zoo. It was a great day, the weather was warm, but it was a bit cloudy too which was nice. We got to see lots of cute animals and a bunch of younger ones too. We got to see the tigers from super close as they were just getting fed when we arrived. We visited the butterflies part for the first time as we normally seem to walk past it, so we made sure to actually visit this time. And they had some new animals in the aquarium part. And we spent some time watching the rhino’s, a new rhino has been born recently and we got lucky and saw them while they were in their outside part of the cage. I did have a headache that evening and for a bit of the next day.
On Friday I visited my mom and her husband. I bought my mom some chocolate truffles. They recently moved, so I got to see their new house, it looked great. And we had a nice dinner and talked a bit.
The weather has been a lot warmer this week and it’s really starting to feel like summer. It’s not too warm yet luckily. I am in a bit of weird reading mood lately, it just feels a bit off. I both have the urge to read as many books as possible as I am excited about a lot of books and want to read, but at the same time seem to have some trouble reading the right books. I do enjoy the books I am reading, but I just feel a bit off, like I could be enjoying my reading time more? I think it’s because I am following a list for reading for a long time now instead of reading what I want. I am really excited for the books I have on the list next, so I hope that helps. I also haven’t been reading as much it seems, even though I still read at the same moments, it seems I am getting less books read, probably also because I am reading more full length books. The good thing about that is that I can share my reviews sooner, which is nice for a chance. But I hardly have any buffer for blog posts at all.
Picture of the Week
I didn’t take a lot of pictures at the zoo, but here are three that I made. The crocodile was very close to the glass which was kinda neat to see. Those apes are always fun to watch as they play a lot and are pretty active. You see a smaller ape here at the front with a larger one. The smaller one was playing a lot. The rodent on the last picture is a nice part where you can walk right through their habitat and see them form very up close. They are so cute!
What did I read this week?
Another not so impressive reading week. I only finished one book, but I am almost done with my two current reads, so at least next week it will look like I got a lot read. Bearly Departed was the right genre I was in the mood for, but it didn’t quite hit the mark for me. I did like the teddy bears, but wasn’t as interested in the story. I ended up giving it a 3 star.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Onion and Carrot Casserole
- Monday: Cajun Pasta
- Tuesday: leftover Cajun Pasta
- Wednesday: Fried Rice with tofu
- Thursday: leftover Fried Rice with tofu
- Friday: gado gado dinner at my mom’s
- Saturday: Pumpkin Curry with Garlic Naan
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus: Legends by Lydia Sherrer
– Review: Planet Neverland by JM Page and Juno Wells
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Blog Tour: Mother of Wolves banner by J Aislynn d’Merricksson – 22 May till 11 June
– Blog Tour: Destiny of the Queen by Jacqueline Patricks – 29 May till 11 June
– Blog Tour: My Not So Normal Life Spy Recruit by Liz Laz – 29 May till 18 June
– Book Blitz: Temptation Trials Part 1 by B truly – 30 May till 3 June
– Book Blitz: Keeping Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 30 May till 5 June
– Bookstagram Blitz: Natalie and the Nerd by Amy Sparling – 30 May till 5 June
– Book Blitz: Little Miss Tress by Tressa Rabbit – 4 till 10 June
– Blog Tour: Scandal by Athena Grayson – 12 till 25 June
– Book Blitz: All That Glitters by Tracy Krimmer – 19 till 25 June
– Blog Tour: Home Field by Laurie Winter – 30 June till 13 July – New!
I bought Saying I Do. I read one of that author’s book last year and I really enjoyed it. By now I have bought most of her books, just need to find time to read them. I also got a review copy of Paper Cranes by Jordan Ford, I am really looking forward to that one! I normally aren’t a big fan of retellings, but this one sounds good and I enjoyed the author’s books so far. It’s a contemporary romance retelling of Rapunzel if I remember correctly.