Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I discovered these bars a while ago when I was looking for a new recipe to try out and I had some M&M’s I wanted to use in baking. I actually ended up liking these better without M&M’s so I adapted the recipe to have it without them, but my boyfriend prefers them with, so that’s why you see two halves on the pictures ;). These cookie bars are really good. I like the taste and texture of the cookie dough and it combines well with the oreo’s.
This recipe is based on Averie Cooks Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
- Sugar – 160 gram/ 4/5 cup
- Butter – 113 gram/ 1/2 cup
- Flour – 125 gram/ 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Oreo cookies (or something similar) – 16 cookies
- Egg – 1
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a small-ish bowl break the 16 Oreo’s into pieces. I usually try to break each Oreo into 4-5 pieces. Picture below.
- Warm your butter for about 30 second in the microwave. Then mix it with the sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until combined.
- Now add the flour and mix again until well combined.
- Add the pieces of Oreo and mix shortly to distribute them throughout the dough.
- Spread the dough into a baking paper covered low oven proof plate/ bowl. Place it in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a cake tester comes out dry and they are brown on top.
- Let cool down for a bit and then slice in pieces.
- Oreo Cookie Bars with M&M’s. Add some M&M’s on top before you put the cookie bars in the oven. An flavor M&M’s will do.
- Oreo Cookie Bars with different flavor Oreo’s. Instead of normal Oreo’s you can also use a different flavor Oreo’s in these bars.
- Oreo Cookie Bars with topping. Add your favorite toping or candy bar on top of the bars before you put them in the oven.