The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another good week. There are three tours I organized that are currently running and three cover reveals took place this week. I’ve been working on some new tours that were booked at the end of the discount action last month and some cover reveals as well. A few new sign-up posts went live this week and I still have a bunch of sign-up posts to put live next week as well. So that has been keeping me busy :).
On Saturday morning we had a lunch to celebrate my grandma’s birthday. We got her some chocolates as birthday present. I ate a good piece of cheesecake at the restaurant we were at and we chatted with the people there.
Oh and an update on the computer troubles I had the last few weeks. I had hoped I had resolved what was wrong with it last week, but this week my computer has been acting up again this week and crashed a few times. Not as bad yet as it only crashed a few times, but still annoying. So I am still not sure if things got resolved or not.
April Reading Stats
April is now over, so it’s time for my reading stats of the previous month. I didn’t read as much this month as in previous months, but I did read some good books. Below are some of my reading stats from March.
- Amount of books read: 8 (3 less than in March)
- Favorite book: Scandal by Athena Grayson
- Most read genres: Urban Fantasy (4 books)
- Most read age category: Adult (3 Adult books, 2 YA books, 2 NA books and 1 MG)
- Authors I read most books from: Emma L Adams and Dale Ivan Smith (I read 2 books by both)
- New to me authors: 3; Athena Grayson, Dale Ivan Smith and Kiera Stewart
A few more stats. This month I read 7 self published books and 1 from publishers (1 from Harper Collins). I read 4 different genres this month, 4 Urban Fantasy books, two Science Fiction books, 1 Cozy Mystery and 1 Contemporary. 7 of the books were full length books and 1 novella. I read 5 books that got a 4 star and 3 books that got a 3 stars. 6 of the books I read where books I received for review and 2 were books that I bought.
7 of the books I read where read on my ipad and 1 on my Kobo. I read 7 books written in 1st point of view and 1 in third person point of view. I read 4 books that took place in the US, one that took place on another planet (Scandal by Athena Grayson) and 3 in the UK.
I only read 1 book that was a standalone, namely The Summer of Bad Ideas. 3 books were series starters, I didn’t read any series enders, I read two books that were the sixth book in a series. 5 of the books I read had a human as main character. 3 book had a non-human character, namely two books with an Empowered as main character (human with superpowers) and 1 book with a dragon shifter. 1 of the books I read had multiple point of views (both males and females), 6 books had a female main character and one book has a male main character.
Picture of the Week
This is something for on your bread that I’ve been eating a lot recently. It’s called “Schudde buikjes” or literally translated shakey bellies. They are basically tiny cookies for on your bread and they taste great. These are “Speculaas” flavored, which is a spices mix common int he Netherlands which consist of cinnamon and some other spices. They also have another flavor, which is vanilla and chocolate cookies. What do you like to eat on your bread?
What did I read this week?
Allies was really good! It was such a fun read and I am reading book 4 now. Both A Brit Unexpected and the Magnate’s Marriage Merger got a 3 star. They were good reads, but just didn’t fully grab me. A Brit Unexpected didn’t pull me in as much as I had hoped, but it was a fun read and well written. The Magnate’s Marriage Merger was good, but I had some issues with the romance and something that happened in the story.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Japanese Curry
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- Monday: Hot Lightning
- Tuesday: leftover Hot Lightning
- Wednesday: Pasta Salad with spiced tofu
- Thursday: Soup with french bread
- Friday: Pizza
- Saturday: Mapo Tofu
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Alight by Emma L Adams
– Review: The Magnate’s Marriage Merger by Joanne Rock
– My To-Be Read List #33: the winner
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– I Still Remember by Priya Prithviraj – 12 May – New!
– Book Blitz: Saying I Do by Tracey Alvarez – 19 till 25 May
– Blog Tour: Stalker, My Love by Zack Scott – 21 May till 10 June – New!
– Blog Tour: Mother of Wolves banner by J Aislynn d’Merricksson – 22 May till 11 June
– Blog Tour: Destiny of the Queen by Jacqueline Patricks – 29 May till 11 June
– Blog Tour: My Not So Normal Life Spy Recruit by Liz Laz – 29 May till 18 June – New!
– Book Blitz: Temptation Trials Part 1 by B truly – 30 May till 3 June
– Book Blitz: Keeping Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 30 may till 5 June – New!
– Book Blitz: Little Miss Tress by Tressa Rabbit – 4 till 10 June
– Book Blitz: All That Glitters by Tracy Krimmer – 19 till 25 June
No new books this week! That doesn’t happen often :).