The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty good week! It was again a busy week, I got quite some assistant work done and some tour work as well. I announced the discount I am running on Lola’s Blog Tours in January and February! All tours that run during those months will be discounted with 20$!
Sadly I have fallen behind on replying to comments again, I didn’t get to catch up last Sunday, so I tried to catch up a bit during the week, which did work a bit, but I am still more behind than I like. I hope I can get caught up and do some blog visiting today. I also haven’t gotten much blogging done the last few months and if things continue like this I am afraid early 2017 won’t have many Ramblings posts as so far I don’t have any ramblings posts scheduled for next year, but I do have a few kitchen posts scheduled at least.
I got an amazon gift card from an author I did some work for this year. It was such a pleasant surprise to wake up to! And then the next day I got an e-mail I had won an amazon gift card during the Black Friday Book Bonanza hop on Second Run Reviews. I wa sso happy with the gift cards and I already bought two books with the gift card money.
We finished watching Star Trek Enterprise, really enjoyed this series. I really have grown the like all the main characters in this one and it’s been fun to see how Star Fleet and started out and how a lot of the technology was different then. Although i thought the last episode wasn’t as good. That seems to be a trend so far as the ending of Voyager and deep Space 9 both felt a bit off too. But this ending episode is the worst of all three, really didn’t like how they handled it, it just felt off the whole episode. Just going to pretend my own ending to the series that i like better. We’re probably going to watch Star Gate next.
Picture of the Week
I tried out a new recipe this week that tuned out pretty well. I already wrote most of the recipe post for this. It was rice with broccoli and tofu. the broccoli was baked with some onion in soy sauce. And the tofu had a sweet and salty peanut sauce. I am really happy with how the dish turned out. And I am always happy to find a new sauce that works well with tofu.
What did I read this week?
For a chance I had a really good reading week! I finished both The Jakkattu vector and Teach Your Heart early this week and already reviewed both of them on the blog this week. Then I finished Beauty and the Space Beast which was a fun read, although I had some issues with it as well. And yesterday I finished December, which was a great ending to the series and left me feeling happy with how things ended. Those last two books were both novella length so that’s why I managed to read so much in one week.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftoverTomato pasta sauce with gnocchi
- Banana Bread
- Monday: Curry Rice
- Tuesday: leftover Curry Rice
- Wednesday: Pasta Salad with egg and corn
- Thursday: Rice with broccoli and tofu
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Japanese Curry
This week I blogged about:
– Review: The Jakkattu Vector by P.K. Tyler – blog tour stop
– Review: Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – blog tour stop
– Lola’s Ramblings: What do you like to see in author newsletters?
– My To-Be Read List #28: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Lola’s Advice: How to get More Newsletter Subscribers
– Review: Beauty and the Space Beast by JM Page
– My To-Be Read List #28: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Four of a Kind by Kellie Sheridan – 9 December – New!
– Book Blitz: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis 9 till 15 January
I really enjoyed Teach Your Heart, so I bought the first two book in the series. December I lend from Berls at Fantasy is More Fun.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- The Lake House Secret by Debra Burroughs (Romantic Suspense/ Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Mindspeak by Heather Sunseri (YA paranormal/ sci-fi) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Enemy of an Enemy by Vincent Trigili (sci-fi) Amazon|Goodreads
- Kiss of Fire by Rebecca Ethington (YA Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Sleuth Sisters by Maggie Pill (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Summer Unplugged by Amy Sparling (YA Contemporary Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Traveling Man by Jane Harvey-Berrick (Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Golden Blood by Melissa Pearl (YA time travel romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Double Chocolate Pistachio Murder by Susan Gillard (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Mind Secrets by Jane Killick (sci-fi) Amazon|Goodreads
- Jake & The Gingerbread Wars by E.G. Foley (Fantasy) Amazon|Goodreads
- Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads