The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Another very busy week. The author I do assistant work for has had more hours of work for me this month, so I’ve been spending quite some time on that. I also had two new review opportunities go live on Lola’s Blog Tours this week and I sent out three media kits for two tours and a cover reveal next week. My review opportunity discount still runs till the end of the month, but so far I am already calling it a success as I sold quite some review opportunities this month. I am really happy with how it went and I am planning to do discounts more often.
Monday and Tuesday we got woken by some construction noises somewhere else in the building. I did manage to go back to sleep, but didn’t sleep too well with the disruption. Later that week I had a weird nightmare about an alligator that was in a two floor house and tried to eat everyone, I got to the top floor, but the alligator could walk on the stairs, so it just followed me up there. Glad I could wake myself from the dream before it ate me. Once I was awake I could smile about the ridiculous plot of that dream, I mean how did that alligator got up those stars? But it was a scary one while I was dreaming.
My sister came to visit on Monday. We had fun catching up, talking about books and our lives and she told us about a recent vacation she had been on and she bought me a bookmark. She also brought us some “Kruidnootjes” with salted caramel flavored white chocolate around it, it was really good! “Kruidnootjes” are small round cookies flavored with a spices mixture mainly consisting of cinnamon, that we eat in the Netherlands during this time of the year. In the past few years there have been some new flavors of them and so far I approve of the added variety. And the ones my sister brought were some of the best I’ve eaten so far.
Picture of the Week
No picture of the week this week.
What did I read this week?
I finished a book this week! I read Sweet Little Lies, which was a good one, and already reviewed it on the blog as well. And I already have the second book, so planning to start that soon. I probably have finished my two current reads by Sunday, but as I didn’t finish them before Sunday they don’t count here.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Monday: Peanut Pasta
- Tuesday: leftover Peanut Pasta
- Wednesday: Sweet Tofu Curry
- Thursday: leftover Sweet Tofu Curry
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Tomato pasta sauce with gnocchi
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Jakkattu Vector by P.K. Tyler – blog tour stop
– Review: Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – blog tour stop
– Lola’s Ramblings: What do you like to see in author newsletters?
– My To-Be Read List #28: poll
I coincidentally ended up with two tour stops in one week, both are reviews (I still have to write them both at this point), but have an excerpt and a giveaway too, which should be fun.
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney – New!
– Remember by Joan Carney – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Lana’s Ex Prom Date by Amy Sparling – 29 November
– Book Blitz: Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – 30 November till 6 December
– Book Blitz: Secrets & Shadows – 30 November till 6 December
– Book Blitz: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis 9 till 15 January
I got all 4 of these books from the authors.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- The Sourdough Wars by Julie Smith (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Discerning Spirits by Kellie McAllen (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Iced Pumpkin Murder by Susan Gillard (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Dina by Ariana Hawkes (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Stone and String by Stephanie Flint (YA Fantasy) Amazon|Goodreads